MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-03-2001, 04:16 PM   #21
drewcifer
Registered Member

I have posted a complaint with the FBI and given them all the details I have, but who knows how committed they'll be to investigating this. I have thought about investigator sevices via the net, but they seem to only be US based. I couldn't even find any kind of law enforcement agency in Panama to report this to. I assume the US law enforcement will have to contact Panama if that's what's going to happen. I'm trying to post this on every Mustang site I can find because these sites seem to be the places he operates mostly. Hopefully we can slow his business down, if anything. Until he sets up another alias, that is. I WILL contact Western Union to see if they keep security cameras though... that's a good idea. I bet they even have a record of the exact time it was picked up.
drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 08:27 PM   #22
jerryIII

I would also contact the postal service with as many names you can find of people who have dealt with these guys, and the amount of $$$$$ they scammed..

they may have a better chance of tracking this guy down.....

Just to remind you, The US postal service is required (by law) to investigate ALL cases..
find out who will be assigned to this case and 'make friends' with them....

good luck

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

Some day (3:73 gears & N2O)!!!

will this ever end????
Old 08-03-2001, 11:05 PM   #23
macx
Registered Member

If you have documentary evidence (i.e. receipts for money orders, cancelled check, receipt for sending mail) you can prosecute thru the postal dept. They vigorously pursue
cases like this, because at some point the fraudulent parties solicited or rec'd payment thru the mails. GOOD LUCK!! Oh, also copy
any emails sent/rec'd.
macx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 07:30 PM   #24
drewcifer
Registered Member

I found out this guy is operating on other sites (camaro is one I heard about) - if anyone frequents other car sites and sees this guy operating or hears about ripoffs he's done other places please let me know. BE CAREFUL!
Old 08-07-2001, 11:24 PM   #25
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jerryIII:
I suggest sending both men a very precise e-mail outlining the steps you will take, if this matter is not remedied ..
Forget that! I say drop the bomb on them and let their lawyers try and get them out of the frying pan!
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 07:49 PM   #26
tangodelta
Registered Member

Smile

If you have a good lead that the guy is in Wa. state, then look thru the American companies that have braches or do buisness in Panama, make a list. Then check them against companies in the SEA/tac area. Look for things that support the canal as contractors. Look for web sites for companies that do textiles or import export compaies. Any company based in Wa. that needs cheap labor....use your imagination. Also I would drop a dime with Imigration Naturalization, U.S. Customs, He has to clear thru these guys when he comes back into the country. Hell talk to the DEA. This ****** is obviously a criminal and who's to say that he's not moving illegal substances??? He'll pay a lot higher price for that than ripping you guys off. Or better yet go to WA. and bust some heads yourself....be a long trip out but a satisfying trip home!!!
tangodelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 08:15 PM   #27
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

i must say that washington dc is a very nice place
we went there on a field trip and man was it sweet all those monuments are cool

i would go right to the j edgar hoover building(fbi headquarters) and start bitchin

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 11:49 PM   #28
aonick
Registered Member

man that sounds ***** up but i know a good web site that helps you finds ppl Anywho.com

good luck man your going to need it this site is the best i got some dude that was tryin to jip me on NOS i call that Mother **** up on his house phone he sent me back my $$$$$ and then i called the dea
aonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 10:23 AM   #29
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

The hotmail address is worth a shot. If he signed up the hotmail account from his computer maybe they got his IP?? I on't know if that'll help or not but I'd try anything if I was in your shoes.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 08:33 AM   #30
drewcifer
Registered Member

This guy is a total professional. I checked out all info I have on him - the cell phone is rented with cash, not under anyone's name, I also emailed hotmail and it's not a real notmail address - he uses false headers to make it look like it goes thru hotmail but it doesn't. Until I get my money back fromt his guy I will continue to post messages on every forum possible so he can't do his business anywhere on the net. I'm close to finding out where he is too so he better get me my money back before I have his address - by then when I visit him I won't be going after money.
Old 08-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #31
ANGRYavalanche
Registered Member

Angry

Ebay has one roger baker registered as a user. Ebay might be willing to give a hand. Since they are cracking down on people scamming over there site. And the site www.anywho.com has only 7 roger bakers listed in Washington, so that is pretty easy to narrow it down to. I am sure that you can remember what the guy sounded or talked like. Good luck, and kick him in the balls once for me!
ANGRYavalanche is offline   Reply With Quote