MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #1
Blownpony91
Registered Member

Default Line Lock ?

I bought the B&M line lock kit. I have a 91 gt.
In the instructions there are several diagrams showing different brake styles, well all of the diagrams show that there are 2 lines coming out of the master cylinder, however my car has 3 lines coming out of the master cylinder .
Has anyone ever hooked up a line lock kit with this type of set up?
Blownpony91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:10 AM   #2
GhOsT6_9
Registered Member

Yep have the same setup as you want.

Have 3 on the master cyclinder. Take the bottom line off the master plug that hole, you'll use that line after (goes to driver front tire). 2 Lines on the side of master run to the proportioning valve.

Rear line out the bottom of prop. valve goes to rear brakes, just leave that alone.

Front line out of prop valve take it out (run to pass. front brake). Make a line that goes from that port into the IN on the B&M Solenoid. From the OUT port on the solenoid make a line and run it to a "T" or "Y" fitting. Then connect the 2 lines you disconnected from the master and prop valve into each side of "T" or "Y" fitting and you're done.

You'll need to make an adapter to go from the front driver line into the "T" or "Y" fitting since its a different connector. Or just cut it and flare a new fitting, easier said then done with everything still in the engine bay.

Oh and pick up the Hurst Install kit, will save ya time trying to find fittings and hose.

I do have a drawing if you need it, just give me your e-mail and I'll send it ASAP.
5.0L, T-5, 1969 351W heads, cut & welded stock plenum, F-303 cam, Mac 1 5/8 full length headers, Cat'd H-pipe, 3.73 gears, Underdrives, SSM lift bars, E-Fan, 3G Alt, Custom Chip, Autometer gauges, Weld Draglite wheels , M/T ET Street Radials

Best 1/4: 13.33@101.53MPH
GhOsT6_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
Killercanary
Registered Member

That's how we did ours on my dad's 91GT.

1995 NA GT CONVERTIBLE
BEST PASS TO DATE: 12.19 at 112.51
AFR's, FTI cam, edelbrock intake, EEC TUNER and all the bolt ons on the stock shortblock.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary
Killercanary is offline   Reply With Quote