MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-01-2001, 03:20 AM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post att. ppl with 331/317's

for all of you that have 331's or 317's. these are the two stroker kits that iv been looken at and i was wondering how you guys liked yours and how much HP they put out.also id like to know if you bought a kit or a short block and where you got it from and how much? also if i got a short block 331 or 317 what all would i have to do to make it useable besides the basics of heads,cam etc?

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers

By the time summer comes ill have full Mac exhaust,new shifter knob and what ever else i can afford
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 02:57 PM   #2
DemonGT
Registered Member

come on now...i know some of you gotem

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers

By the time summer comes ill have full Mac exhaust,new shifter knob and what ever else i can afford
Old 02-01-2001, 06:41 PM   #3
n20lx
Registered Member

No dyno or track yet but I have a 331. Thr 302 dyno'd at 307rwhp & the 331 motor makes an a$$ out of the 302. Seat of the pants says at least 30 more hp. I'm running ported TW's, a .550 lift cam, Performer RPM intake & 1 3/4" full lenghts. every thing was the same as the 302 exept the cam. I would like to run a bigger cam, but I have to worry about emissions testing. Bought tthe short block from DSS.
n20lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 01:11 AM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

n20lx let me know when you get some numbers,have you drove the car on the street yet or at all? if so how do you like it...big difference??

------------------

Old 02-02-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
n20lx
Registered Member

Huge difference on the street. It would be anoying if it wasn't such a rush. It will break the tires loose in third if you nail it ovet 2500 rpm. The balancing realy helps out. I've got solid mount & there's very little vibration.
n20lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 01:27 AM   #6
DemonGT
Registered Member

what is solid mount?? and what do you mean it would be annoying if it wasnt such a rush?? how much did you pay for your short block??

------------------

Old 02-03-2001, 12:13 PM   #7
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Ok I don't have either of the strokers you are talking about but why go with a 317... it's not that many more cubes than a 302 which I'm guessing won't help you out too much. AT least go with a 331 and maybe think about a 347?

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote