MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2003, 07:19 PM   #1
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

Default New to SoCal Need some info

I just moved to TUSTIN, CA in orange county. Are there some drag strips around here? Are there good speed shops or places you would recommend taking your mustang to. I know I'll be needing to get some cats for this thing. As long as they have the CARB number I should be all set right? I live in an apartment complex thing so I cant really do any work on it, at least nothing major, so I'll have to rely on someone else to do work on this thing for the first time, as much as I dont like that idea, that's life I suppose... anyone from around here know anything fun to do?

Thanx
-as
Old 07-31-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Go to RHC, and ask for Keith. He lives close to you, and can help you out.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:45 PM   #3
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

Where and What is RHC? and where's that sprint car track you spoke of. Now that I'm here I need to check it out... when do you race? weekends I assume?
a-s
Old 08-01-2003, 04:18 PM   #4
VeNuM
Registered Member

Look at Chris' signature for all info you just asked for ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 07:33 PM   #5
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: New to SoCal Need some info

Quote:
Originally posted by ChunkFunky
anyone from around here know anything fun to do?

Thanx
-as
Duuuuude ... I'm much to old to know anything about fun anymore but you're in Southern Calif now!! You're 45 min. from San Bernardino National Forest .... 15 min from Cleveland National Forest ... an hour from the Mojave Desert ... 30 min from the Pacific Ocean (speaking of which they are having surfing championships at Huntington Beach as i speak) Some of the best surfers in the world and more painfully gorgeous babes in little teeny tiny bikinis than you could ever dredge up even in the best fantasy dream you've ever had !!! As for the tracks and mustang stuff ... its everywhere ... John Force's shop is not more than 10 min from you. Its everywhere here ... its all around you. You are 10 min from where the old Santa Ana Airfield use to be, (John Wayne now) where drag racing was basically born. 1/8 mile drag strip and paved oval at Irwindale speedway in Irwindale. The big new modern California Speedway just down the road (they are having test and tune drags now i believe ?) LA County Raceway, a dragstrip up in Lancaster (bout a 100 miles from you which is a tiny commute ...get use to that now that you are in so cal lol) Then a nice ride up the Freeway Past NBC , Warner Bros, Disney Studios etc etc (many of which have tours) is Ventura where Chris's home track is. You want me to go on ???
The negative side of it, is in a place as crowded as we are here, you are really gonna run into the task masters and prison guards they call Home owners and condo owners associations ... who absolutely live for you to make a horrible mistake like opening the hood of your car !! See you with a wrench in your hand !!! OMG you'll get all kinds of notices and warnings !!! lol Its the price we have to pay.
Good Luck !
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 01:39 AM   #6
PKRWUD

Rod touched on some of the perks around here. He's right about homeowners associations, too, but if you have a garage, it's no problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChunkFunky
Where and What is RHC? and where's that sprint car track you spoke of. Now that I'm here I need to check it out... when do you race? weekends I assume?
a-s
RHC is the Rice Haters Club, which started as a joke, and has turned into a fun, kick back website with a fairly popular message board. You'd recognize half the people there as regulars from here and other Mustang sites, plus we've got a bunch of new members from elsewhere. Just click on the Rice Haters Club link in my sig, and you'll find it.

We race mostly at Ventura Raceway, which is about 45 minutes on the 101 freeway after you leave the Valley. Pretty much where the freeway meets the beach. In fact, if you got on the 101, the first exit after you see the beach is the exit for the track.

The county fair just started, so this is kinda like our summer vacation. Our next scheduled race in Ventura is August 30th, but there are a few races in Perris that we might go to.

Our Schedule (we race the races highlighted in red, and may race some of the ones in yellow).

You can find me at RHC everyday, or you can email me privately for more info. pkrwuds@pacbell.net

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote