MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-15-2001, 04:20 PM   #1
vande97
Registered Member

Question what do you think??????

I have an 88 5.0 and it has 94k on it . Car runs great. But i was recently thinking of putting a long block in it and i found one with about 375hp for $1400. But i dont know if i want to spend the time to change the motor. My question is do you think that there are to many miles on this motor to just add boltons and try to get it to the same horse power.Will the motor hold up. I dont want to switch to mass air. IF anyone has advice that would be great. thanks for the help!
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 05:12 PM   #2
Mont
Registered Member

if you want that kind of horse power your going to need Mass Air, if not I would like to see how your car runs with out it. I had 130,000 on my car and I had heads, intake, cam, and so on. I finally went with a 357 short block from DSS and I love it.

------------------
'89 LX Supercharged DSS 357, 11 lbs Powerdyne, Downs Box intake, ported GT-40 heads, lockwired, Crane Cam 1.6 rockers, Ford Motorsport cam, Oil cooler, Moroso oil evac kit, Taylor 10mm wires, MAC 70mm T/B, 30lb injectors, Vortech fuel rails, Pro M 75mm Mass air, Vortech T-Rex Fuel pump, 255lph intank pump, K&N, Cobra R radiator, custom chip, MSD6-BTM, Lakewood bellhousing, Tremec Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, MAC headers and X-pipe, Dynomax race mufflers, Lakewood drag shock and struts, Aluminun driv
Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
vande97
Registered Member

the long block that i can get has 375hp and it will run on speed density, How long did that motor last that you did the boltons to?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mont:
if you want that kind of horse power your going to need Mass Air, if not I would like to see how your car runs with out it. I had 130,000 on my car and I had heads, intake, cam, and so on. I finally went with a 357 short block from DSS and I love it.

Old 01-16-2001, 04:20 PM   #4
Mont
Registered Member

up to about 170,000 but it could change from car to car. I drove my car really easy... Who are you getting your long block from??

------------------
'89 LX Supercharged DSS 357, 11 lbs Powerdyne, Downs Box intake, ported GT-40 heads, lockwired, Crane Cam 1.6 rockers, Ford Motorsport cam, Oil cooler, Moroso oil evac kit, Taylor 10mm wires, MAC 70mm T/B, 30lb injectors, Vortech fuel rails, Pro M 75mm Mass air, Vortech T-Rex Fuel pump, 255lph intank pump, K&N, Cobra R radiator, custom chip, MSD6-BTM, Lakewood bellhousing, Tremec Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, MAC headers and X-pipe, Dynomax race mufflers, Lakewood drag shock and struts, Aluminun driv
Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 09:10 PM   #5
vande97
Registered Member

i am getting it from indymustand out of indiana

Quote:
Originally posted by Mont:
up to about 170,000 but it could change from car to car. I drove my car really easy... Who are you getting your long block from??

Old 01-16-2001, 09:44 PM   #6
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Question

Has anybody bought from Indy mustang? I was thinking of buying from him but havent heard anything about him! if you have any info good or bad id like to hear it . thanks
Brady91 GT is offline   Reply With Quote