MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2001, 07:52 AM   #1
RMARIANI
Registered Member

Question 4-Lug Rear Discs

Does anyone know if Ford makes a 4-lug rear disc conversion for the 87'-93'. I know they make a 5-lug. The 2000 Motorsport catalog doesn't list any 4-lug kit but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing this kit somewhere. Please help. I would go with the 5-lug, but I'm planning on using '93 Cobra rims which are 4-lug. Thanks!!
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 08:05 AM   #2
LOCASH
Registered Member

Stainless steel brake company sells it and PST, Brothers and a couple of others sell it for about $700 for your car. It took me a day to put it on and I am really slow. The kit for your car comes with a master cylinder so it is a bit more expensive. It made a big diff. in the way it stopped. Let me know if you have any install questions.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Crutchfield front kick panel speakers.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 09:25 PM   #3
BLOCKER
Registered Member

I am going to use a set off the rear of an 88 turbo coupe

LOCASH,
do you still have the instructions for the install? I could realy use them, if you don't mind parting with the instructions or a copy of them

Thanks

------------------
88 Stang GT Cobra
Every option but leather
10 speaker 440 watt system
Blue/Grey with grey interior
K&N air filter, black outs, & no air

BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 08:49 AM   #4
Carbo96
Registered Member

You can use the 1987-88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe rear end. They are four lug with 10" disc brakes. They also have 3.55s or 3.73s already installed from the factory. I got mine from the junkyard for around $200 but a lot of people on the message boards have found them cheaper. I believe the 1993 Cobras have the same rear end as the TCs but it would be hard finding one of those. Hope this helps.

Kevin
Carbo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 01:23 PM   #5
LOCASH
Registered Member

Hey BLOCKER,I don't have a scanner so I have to mail them to you. PM me with a mailing address if you still want them.
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 06:24 PM   #6
BLOCKER
Registered Member

That would be great!

My address is

Keane Block
1125 41 avenue North
Lethbridge Alberta Canada
T1H 6B3

Thankx for the help...

BLOCKER
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 08:31 PM   #7
7-UP BILL
Registered Member

When doing the SSBC rear disc conversion, don't use that crappy 1986 master cylinder they give you. It's ugly and a waste of time. Besides it looking like crap, you can't keep the low brake warning switch hooked up. I wonder who designed this kit for them, Stevie Wonder maybe? Keep your stock m/c and get the FRPP power brake booster from Ford. My brakes before barely stopped the car with that '86 M/C, but since putting in the bigger power booster and going back to the stock m/c, they stop on a dime. I now feel better that my brake warning lite works again. It's a shame SSBC's customer service never tells you this. They were so interested in me as a customer that they never even responded to my e-mails/phone calls. I've seen at least a half dozen cars that needed this fix. One other thing to do is replace the pads they give you with Performance Friction pads from AutoZone. A sh*tload less dust.

------------------
1990 7-UP Mustang S-Trim,Edelbrock,GT-40, Isky roller cam,Tremec,Torsen diff 31 splines and a whole bunch more...
7-UP BILL is offline   Reply With Quote