MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2001, 12:26 PM   #1
teal93LX
Registered Member

Red face ok i give!! i need hands on help palm beach fl area!

i still cant find that damn pcv valve..unless i'm looking at the wrong thing.
i just did a tune up yesterday with exception of the pcv..
anyone here in the dade/broward/palm beach area that can help me in person?
i will come to you, i just need the help of someone who knows what they're doing (unlike me)...
thanks in advance

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 03:12 PM   #2
Godslayer
Registered Member

Ok dude here goes. Look at the upper intake. Go all the way to the back and in the very middle about 6-8" down in line with the middle of the upper intake there is a hole in the lower intake. This is where the PCV valve sits. When you feel around there will be the hose going to it. You can't miss it, it's the biggest hose in the area. Good luck. If all else fails go to a garage and ask them to show you where it is.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 08:44 PM   #3
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

My buddy found mine for me. He had to be lying on my engine to find it. We followed a hose from the underside of the intake to it. It is mounted in the lower intake almost dead center on the back of the engine.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 09:42 PM   #4
teal93LX
Registered Member

so what you all are saying is that i should't feel too bad about not being able to find it?

makes me feel a little better

i'll take another look tommorow, and see if i can locate it..thanks again

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
Old 01-15-2001, 12:14 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I live in Jupiter if you need help

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!!
13.71@105mph
Check out my listing! Click here!

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 12:34 AM   #6
Shotgun28
Registered Member

NO kidding the PCV location is a pain. I am shorter 5' 10 and had to stand on a step stool lean over the intake and reach down behind the intake and all of a sudden, I found it, I thought I won the lottery. But be careful, my rubber grommet came out the same time and spent another 1/2 hour trying to find it, and the dealer said I would have had to order it, so it HAD to be found...I leaned over the driver side reached down with my right hand and just played around and before you know it one of the hoses gave way and I felt in there, scuffed knuckles and all and actually felt the hole, I will never forget the PCV location again, good luck,laughing. Compared to my other cars this was the hardest to find the valve than any other car I have had and probably will have.

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 12:09 PM   #7
Chris_H
Registered Member

I just changed mine out about 2 weeks ago. Had the same problems, except when I pulled mine out I broke it. Wife had just left for work so I was stuck. Reached in with some needlenose pliers and broke more of it off in the intake. I eventually got it all out, but for a $3 part, its sure is a PITA to change. I found the best way to see it is to lean over the drivers side fender, put your left as as close to the firewall as possible and look down right in the middle of the upper intake and you'll see it. Hope this helps.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:28 PM   #8
teal93LX
Registered Member

well i looked again today and still can't locate the damn thing...
this is getting very annoying..something that s/b so simple..and look what a pain it is causing..oh well..
Joe i think i may have to take you up on your offer..next weekend sometime when it's convenient for you, i'd like to swing by and get your help..i'll be in touch
thanks guys

------------------
Old 01-15-2001, 07:18 PM   #9
AHD
Registered Member

Exclamation

Dude:

Put your hand on the back side of your upper intake,right above your left valve cover. You will find a 1/2" diameter hose coming off one of the ports. Follow this with your hand towards the center rear of the engine and it will lead to the PC valve.

------------------
AHD
91GT(undergoing-overhaul)
AHD is offline   Reply With Quote