MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2001, 06:30 PM   #1
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Post GER vs Lentech

I was thinking has anyone had any experience with GER's AOD transmission and converters? I was this close to getting my Lentech, and it still is in the lead but I was thinking I would do my homework and find out more about others...Any other companies I should know about as well. I am looking for a strong AOD, for medium to long term heavy mods. Thanks

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 07:27 PM   #2
Brian88
Registered Member

i have heard nothing but good about lentech. have not heard anything about ger. i personally like the lentech aod my buddy's got, and i was actully getting ready to buy one, but i think i am just going to get the t5 swapped in and later get a tremec.
Brian88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 08:02 PM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

I have a GER AOD. I had the GER converter also, at first, but I didnt like the converter. I would recommend the AOD tranny, but dont use the GER converter. I swapped in a stallion, and it performed much better. The tranny has been trouble free, and it comes with a revised shift pattern (which I wasnt expecting, nice surprise!). It is 1-2-3,4, instead of the factory 1-2,3-4. It shifts nice and firm when getting on it, but calm around town.
The Lentech is probably better, but costs twice as much. Let me know what you go with, and how it works out.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 12:35 AM   #4
Shotgun28
Registered Member

anyone else have any other experience with other companies...???

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Old 01-15-2001, 05:55 PM   #5
Shotgun28
Registered Member

anyone else, before I fork out $2,000 plus on a tranny.

------------------
Old 01-16-2001, 06:32 PM   #6
84_GT350
Registered Member

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Lentech and their products. If you have the money, they're incredible transmissions. Especially the lock-up units. I've heard some good, more bad about GER. I've never heard a real complaint about their actual transmissions, but I have heard some horrible gawd awful horror stories about their converters.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 07:09 PM   #7
clearwaterms
Registered Member

I almost bought a GER, and decided to cancel my order before they built the tranny. Although I can't speak good or bad about there product there front office and customer support was awful... I cancelled my order and they never refunded me my money, this was after many phone calls. I eventually put a stop payment on my credit card and got my money back, but that is out of line, and not neccessary. I am very unhappy with GER. I use a TSI unit, Transmission Specalties. They put together a AOD with stallion and it is really nice. Also Lentech makes a great unit, the only problem I have heard about the lentech is that the 1-2-3/OD being OD is a button type if you have the button in the wrong position it will either never go into 4th if you have it on at WOT it can got from 2nd to 4th and that tears up trannies. But I have never heard anything bad about the Lentech doing that
clearwaterms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 09:04 PM   #8
Registered Member

Don't buy anything from GER! They have no warranty. I could get no help with a POS converter I bought from them. Finally had to get it reworked locally and pay for the repair myself.
8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 03:28 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

GER does have a warranty. I have a 5 year warranty on my tranny, although I do agree that their customer service sucks, and wouldnt expect much help if I did need any.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote