MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2003, 09:17 PM   #1
OMAR
Registered Member

Question Fuel cutoff?

After swapping heads, cam, intake, injs.,MAM, etc., my car ran really rough so I thought: maybe too rich. Now, the needle on my FP guage somehow broke off right at the base so I'm not sure what the pressure is, but it was at 38-40psi before it broke. Turned the pressure down and it got worse so I turned it back up. Turned the pressure up a lil higher and it got better. I figured try a lil more and see what happens. The car shut off so I backed it down a tad, and it still won't start. I removed the gauge from the rail and there is no pressure with the key on. Could I have exceeded the allowable static pressure and broke the diaphram or burned out a relay or something? It sounds crazy but I can't figure it out! I checked the button in the hatch and it's still down, I can hear my T-rex prime when I turn the key, so could it be the 190 lph in-tank blew out or something?
OMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I would say, change your fuel filter. If your pump primes and you still get no pressure, the filter could be clogged.

Is your t-rex run off of the same relay as your in tank pump? Check the relay under the seat. If it clicks, I'd change the filter.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
OMAR
Registered Member

The T-Rex taps in just ahead of the in-tank so I know power is getting there. It seems odd that the filter would clog all of a sudden too. My neighbor said: "You got gas in it?". Maybe my gauge is malfunctioning. I'm going to fill the gas can right now. I hope that's all it is. Be right back.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
OMAR
Registered Member

Question

I put a couple gallons in and still no pressure! But, when I turn the key, in addition to the T-Rex priming I also hear a hollow, gurgling kinda noise. What could that be?