MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post DSS 306 short block etc etc? (very long)

i will start by giving a bunch of info so you all understand my situation...i will start by saying my car is a '91 GT with about 91K on the motor. in late august i took out a loan from the bank for $3000,the lady i bought the car from knows me so she is leting my make $100 payments a month that way i have no interest...BUT..she wanted a $1500 downpayment upfront..and the smallest personal loan the bank would do was $3000. right after i took out the loan and got the car on a Saturday...went back to work monday and got fired! so the extra $1500 i had went to pay my bills while i was looken for a new job...ok now i will tell you the different options im thinken of that i cant deside on

first thing i was thinken of is once my loan is payed off take out another loan for $3000 and then save up about $900 or so and get the Power Package 2 from modernmustang.com

second one i was thinken of is pay the loan off and take out a loan for $3000 and get a DSS 306 short block (just wondering but if i got a 306 short block could i transfer most of the parts from my current motor to the 306 to make it work?)

third thing is just a big IF: IF i find my self a new job that pays more which im currently looken for with no luck yet,i could take out a loan for $6000 and get both #1 and #2(see my payments for my loan are $100 a month...if i got a $6000 loan my payments would be like close to $200 a month which is to much for me right now)

just as some side note info i do plan on adding some forced induction some time in the late late future also...probubly a S-trim...

sorry for the long post but im just one of those people that can never make up there mind..when i buy a CD ill stand in the store for over a hour trying to pick one out...so all your guys opinions would be a real help

thanxs

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers

By the time summer comes ill have full Mac exhaust,new shifter knob and what ever else i can afford
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 04:43 PM   #2
1989GT
Registered Member

I'm not familiar with the Power package but I can tell you that with only 91,000 miles the engine is still young. I had almost 200,000 miles on my engine before the piston rings on the #2 cylinder decided to give out. And the last 20,000 miles or so were most likely the hardest miles of the engines life. So I would say don't worry about the bottom end just yet. I would put the heads and intake on it or whatever you want do and run it 'till it dies. Which could be a while.

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
PVT Blankenship leaving for BCT 14MAR01
MOS 67 Romeo

1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 11:08 PM   #3
DemonGT
Registered Member

anyone else?

oh yea i forgot to mention that i DO have a job right now it just dosnt pay good so thats why im looken for a new one at the present time

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers

By the time summer comes ill have full Mac exhaust,new shifter knob and what ever else i can afford
Old 01-24-2001, 11:09 PM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

oh yea...also..it dosnt have to be a DSS just a 306 S block

------------------