MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2001, 03:39 PM   #1
sanjoseracer93
Registered Member

Post hidden nitrous system

I was thinking about hiding a dry nitrous kit on my 93 5.0 mustang lx for street racing purposes and I wanted to know if anyone may have possibly done this. I kinda wanted to know how you guys have done it and if you people had pictures. I would like to know how you guys got the vacuum feed from and also injected the nitrous so that it cannot be seen, hiding the bottle and the solenoids is not a big deal I think I have already found good spots for them already. feel free to email me if you want to keep this confidential.
sanjoseracer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 05:38 PM   #2
LX90Stang
Registered Member

Talking

I would also like to know this. I am thinking of doing the same thing and would like to also hear who has a good system out there.
Thanks for your time.

------------------
LX90Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 08:36 PM   #3
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

I've thought of it and there is a lot to hide.
I'm not sure what the new switch looks like that replaces the micro-switch.
But the micro switch has to mount on the T>B and you can see very easily.
the vac line could be extended so you could stuff it under the intake or something else.
selonoids, wires, and hose can all be inside the fenderwell.
The nozzle could poke through the fenderwell under the mass air stuff to tap underneath.
Bottle can go in a fake speaker box.
The big thing is the micro switch...anyone who has seen the kit will spot it in a minute...unless it's dark out. and your hood bulb is out..

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 01:04 PM   #4
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

hey guys for $10 ill show you where to hide the microswitch..ok ill show you for free..this is the ultimate hidden system..this is how mine will be in my notchback..
first of all the bottle will be hidden right behind the rear seats..i will create a space where the bottle is hide by putting a piece of sheetmetal and paint it black and weld it in to make it look like if you look in from the trunk that the trunk stops there and thier is no bottle..get it?
ok the line will be run under the carpet where it will enter the enginebay in the main computer wiring harness..from there the nozzle is located in a gutted EGR valve..the hose is located in loom the entire way to it is not seen..
now for the activation switch???or lack of switch?!?!this is the top secret i dont even know why im posting it(prolly cuz i hate LS1's)..the best way so activate the NOS at WOT is to run the WOT turn on lead to the A/C WOT relay..when your care goes WOT the A/C shuts off..the relay is located on the passenger side..look in the Hayes manuel to figure what wire it is..it get its information from the TPS but dont cut into the TPS..us the A/C WOT cutoff relay instead..now any more q's ill answer them

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 09:24 PM   #5
Five.0
Registered Member

hey, it looks like we're all in the same boat, i'm getting mine installed this spring.
my first idea is to put it under your gas pedal, everytime you floor it, your boosting, (kinda scary though) second idea, the boys here talk with a funny accent, its called "sneaky peak" or "sneaky pete"
complete kit goes under your drivers seat. including the switch.
Five.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:05 AM   #6
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

The sneeky pete is only worth a tenth i thought???
The bottle is only about a pound from what it looks like.

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote