MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2001, 09:58 PM   #1
cojonepony
Registered Member

Question Airbag diagnostic connector????

I've located the connector, but I'll be damned if I can separate the mutha. I'm getting a code 61 (bad ground between airbag monitor and chassis). According to the shop manual I should be able to clear the code by shorting pins 17 and 18 until it beeps. The trouble is there's no room to work on it and I can't get the connector apart. Any suggestions? I've just about had it with the dealer. They claim I need a new diagnostic monitor and that I'll have to pre-pay the order for the new one. In the mean time I took the car back after paying 1.5 hours shop time for diagnosis and I just noticed that the plastic kickpanel under the glovebox is still at the dealer. I gave them a quick call after work and the guy says "I hope it didn't get thrown out". These people are driving me insane! After this fiasco I plan to stay far away from dealerships.
cojonepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 12:11 AM   #2
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

How do i find out what code my air bag thing is giving off. my box beeps 5 time five 4 times over... what is is how do i find out???
Patrick Boetticher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 06:25 PM   #3
cojonepony
Registered Member

Lightbulb

The code is flashed on the dash light believe it or not. If you've disconnected the bulb or it has burnt out then the airbag monitor will beep.
cojonepony is offline   Reply With Quote