MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-19-2001, 06:48 PM   #1
cojonepony
Registered Member

Angry Bad experience with dealer

After receiving a recall notice for the handbrake on my '94 GT I called a local Ford dealer (same place I bought it) and made an appointment for them to take care of this recall as well as a prior recall for the hood. In addition I asked if they could check the airbag system because the dash light flashes and then stays on after starting the car. The service dude says okay bring it in on 1/5/01. I was calling on 12/26/00. Anyhow I call in on 1/4/01 to see if I can leave it there and drop off the key and the guy says "Gee, I'm glad you called cause I don't have the parts to fix the handbrake, bring it in on 1/18/01". So I drop it off on 1/17/01 and they call me the next afternoon stating that "we got started late on your car and the guy's still working on the airbag problem so you have to leave the care here one more day". Today (1/19/01) I got a lift home from a co-worker and had a phone message at 5:50 that they found the trouble and its a bad module, but they don't have it in stock and that they're closing in ten minutes. So I call back (just got home at 5:55) and ask if I can get the car back tonight to have over the weekend and he says he's the last guy there and he's going home. Then the S.O.B. has the *******' audacity to say that "you owe us some money now and what if you take the car and never come back", so I say isn't there someone in the sales department I can give a partial payment to? And he says no and he's going home at 6:00. Now I'm pissed! My father used to work at this dealership when this snot-nosed punk was probably still suckin' on his mother's t*t. What kind of customer service is that? I'm not going to mention names here, but I think that this guy is a d*ckhead and I'll never take my car back there for service work again PERIOD.
cojonepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:52 PM   #2
rj_stang
Registered Member

Talk to the owner of the dealership. Who knows maybe you will get a discount off the labor for the "great" service.
rj_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:01 PM   #3
Thad
Registered Member

Exclamation

I feel your pain.I never had any good experiences with a dealer in any aspect.
they are a last last resort only.

------------------
90 LX 5.0 Not timed in 1/4 mile yet. 135mph max speed, so far.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:59 PM   #4
Godslayer
Registered Member

Preach on Thad! Dealers bite big cajones.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 09:13 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Most dealership 'service' stinks out loud and as previously stated, they should be avoided unless it's free (recall or warranty work).

In this instance, you were getting a recall done plus the airbag deal. You got screwed.
Try to (calmly) talk to the owner or head guy and maybe you'll get some satisfaction; but don't get your hopes up. Dealers are not known for being warm and fuzzy typesTo most; the service department is a cash cow and nothing more.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote