MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-18-2001, 12:58 AM   #1
PeTr0
Registered Member

Post Getting Ripped off online

I sent someone a moneyorder for a part that i purchased off the corral.net classifieds. The guy seems real cool and talks to me online about installing the parts and numerous other topics. He never has the UPS tracking number handy and i am starting to get the point that i am not going to be recieving these parts. What can i do...I am pretty pissed. UPS said they cant help me find out if the package was ever shipped without a tracking number...which is ridiculous.

------------------
Red 1993 Gt- flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer, 130 amp alt., underdrives,pioneer cd player and kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,firehawk sz50 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:51 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

i think your screwed. word of advice, only buy parts C.O.D. when buying used parts from someone through the mail.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 07:31 AM   #3
Jeff Chambers

If you used a US Postal Money Order, you can contact your Postmaster about filing a mail fraud complaint. For that matter, if you mailed him the MO through the USPS you can file a complaint as well. With the USPS MO and mailing, the Postmaster is a little more aggressive in their pursuits. I always try to encourage anyone purchasing from me via the internet to use either the USPS MO or recently I've even began using Paypal. I've conducted probably three dozen sales via the internet of my used parts and so far everything has gone great (knock on wood).

Public embarassment will usually work wonders too. Have you tried advertising the rip-off on the Corral?

Good luck.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.97 Seconds / 114.5 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 11:28 AM   #4
84_GT350
Registered Member

Jeff has the right idea about the post office. I always try to have things shipped through the USPS whenever possible. That way, if the part never shows up it becomes a FEDERAL offense since you're using a federal agency to ship it. But more importantly, don't freak out right away. If it's only been a few days don't get too antsy. I've had parts take a few days longer than usual and still gotten them. If it's been like 3 weeks or something since he claims to have shipped them, I'd be concerned. As far as UPS, I have a VERY small amount of faith in their abilities but look at things from their viewpoint. They ship around 100,000 or so per day. How could they track down something if they have no idea whether or not it was even shipped? That even dwarves the term "needle in a haystack".

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:41 PM   #5
MOUSETRAP
Registered Member

Exclamation

I just royally got ripped off about 3 weeks ago but we are settling things as we speak.
Whats the guys address/name and his e-mail, so i can see if it is the same guy that messed with me?
You can e-mail me if you want to keep it private.
Jarrod

------------------

87GT Vortech S-trim, 155intank pump, 24# injectors, 75mm pro-m, cobra intake, exhaust, 3.73's, mega bite jr's, Central coastal mustangs drag springs and some other freebies.
MOUSETRAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 11:24 AM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Lightbulb

No problem! Just read Rebel79's post like this from a week ago in the blue oval lounge. It's been warmer up here lately, but I still have lots of ideas

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:12 PM   #7
keen
Registered Member

If you are going to send money use an escrow service or Paypal, they offer some form of insurance. COD w/ UPS guarantees you nothing.
keen is offline   Reply With Quote