MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
RDRZ
Registered Member

Default electric fan

Hi everyone,
The fan clutch on my 90 lx 5.0 froze up, so I wanted to put an electric fan on it. I want to go with the Perma-Cool electric fan from summit, part #PRM-19115. Does anyone know if this will just bolt straight up to the original radiator and still fit in the shrowd? Thanks in advance.
RDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #2
CrimsonRacing
Registered Member

Default reply

I suggest you look into a Black Magic fan before cutting or trying to make something fit.I also would suggest you look into geting an aluminum radiator as well.I installed a new Rad and BM fan and it was a snap.Maybe about 2 hours.The BM comes from the manufacturer ready for your Pony.They are about $199 and the Rad is about $250.

CrimsonR.
CrimsonRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default SN95 fan

The SN95 fan pulls way more than the Black magic fans and is a better product IMO.

It has two speeds and the shroud bolts directly to the radiator on top and needs minor sheet metal work to fit securely on the bottom.
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 06:59 AM   #4
White GT
Registered Member

Default Re: SN95 fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hozer 88GTConv
The SN95 fan pulls way more than the Black magic fans and is a better product IMO.
How did you installed it. With a switch in the car or is there's a module we can get to make it start automatically.

My GT

My Web Page

On Car domain
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 09:15 AM   #5
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default SN 95 hookup

You can hook it up either via a manual switch which creates two options in itself:
1) a single high amp switch which manually activates the fan at whichever speed you have wired up.
2) two switches or a single three postion switch which allows you to select off, slow speed, or high speed.

or: you can attach a thermostatically activated switch to the circuit automatically triggering the fan if you have a habit of forgetting to throw the switch on when you start the car.

The SN 95 pulls a lot of amps so I recommend a 130 amp alternator and no underdrives. But it is a very nice and extremely quiet.

I got all of the parts from NAPA, the hardest thing to find was a high amp switch b/c I chose to not wire in a step-down for simplicity.

I got the fan from Racer Walsh here in Jacksonville, $200, and I got the fan plug from a junkyard for 2 bucks and used it to make the wiring look nice. Other than that, it's just wire, a switch, and a in-line fuse. I wired only the high speed connection so it pulls some amps at idle but I have a Powermaster, so it's cool.
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 12:48 PM   #6
White GT
Registered Member

Thanks for help.

I'll take a look at my salvage yard and see what it have to show me. This place is really a gold mine.

My GT

My Web Page

On Car domain
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote