MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2003, 12:50 AM   #1
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Angry Stang wont start!!!

The damn stang wont start!!! When I got into it, I cranked it over, and it fired very weakly. It idled and stumbled really low for about 3 seconds and then died. I turned it over again and it did the same thing. From then on, it wouldnt do jack except turn over. Wouldnt fire up. I turned the key and heard the relay click under the seat. I didnt hear the fuel pump prime like I usually do. I checked the inertia switch, and it wasnt tripped, so I tripped it and reset it. Still nothing. However, I did smell gas really strong at the back of the car. More by the drivers side tail light than anywhere else. I personally think the fuel pump is the culprit, but that doesnt explain the gas smell. I unplugged the relay and tested the wires. It was showing 11.5 volts with the key on. I was getting continuity throung the cut off switch when engaged properly. I need help please. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 03:52 AM   #2
bottlebaby91
Registered Member

check fuel pressure at fuel rail to see if the pump is working. Just because the relay is good doesnt mean the fuel pump is good. If you have pressure check to see if there is a gas leak. If no gas leak, see if you can find a computer and test that. Let me know what you find with those test, and we can go from there.
bottlebaby91 is offline   Reply With Quote