MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-29-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post Eibach drag lauch kit has front wheel sitting higher in the front - please help

My rear end is actually lower than my front end and I don't like the look, although it probably helps my 60 ft. times. Where can I find a set of springs to even it out or lower it? FYI-I got skinny mickey's mounted on weld's in the front.

------------------
Just need the sticker!

Red 1993 GT
1969 351 block w/393 stroker. Edlebrock Performer heads and Performer RPM EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. JMS chip & MSD ignition.
Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage, Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Are you sure the springs are indexed correctly? f so they will settle a little mine sits just about even, it dropped my car a good 1.5" over the stock suspension. I have no front acc but the alt, and alum everything up front, I would think with the extra weight of the 351 it would actually sit a little lower. What ever you do, do not cut a coil off the Eibach front springs, that defeats the whole point of the spring and the stored energy it carries. They work great, personally I would keep them.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! <B
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

You could always get some rear control arms with adjustable spring perches to even out the ride height...
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Well, I know the car is setup correct. The reason I say this is because the former owner had it doing 9's. I but it with no motor and tranny and I've not changed one thing on the suspension except for the rear shocks. It doesn't even have a sway bar in the front. The shocks I had were matching Lakewoods with the fronts and they were causing the fender to hit the tires. (and it is already lip cut)and I'm running BFG Drag Radials. They are about 10 1/2's. I put Koni red's on and they raised the a$$ a little but not to compensate for the front. I know 5.0's came out of the factory sitting a little lower in the rear, any stock GT is proof of that. But my rear end looks as if it was slammed (like if I still had a set of Cobra R chrome 17's I'd be staright)but the front looks high. About an inch too high. One thing I won't do is cut the springs. I've watched a lot of HP TV
Old 08-29-2001, 08:26 PM   #5
exgmguy
Registered Member

The springs may not be installed correctly. Just because the car ran a good number does not mean the springs are in right. The lower control arm has a pocket that the spring must sit in. If it's not in there the car will sit an inch or so higher in the front.

My car has The Eibach drag kit, no sway bar, and 90/10's on an aluminum headed motor and it sits level. Click below for a nice profile shot.

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer

See my car at: www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?179
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:36 AM   #6
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Yeah mine sits higher in the front now also with the drag launch kit.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 07:19 AM   #7
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

exgmguy - Your car looks great, man . It does sit much higher in the rear than mine. The front is a little higher also.

Skyman - Your car is awesome too. I can't believe that you did that to a Saleen
Old 08-31-2001, 02:32 PM   #8
mustanger82
Registered Member

You bought a "DRAG LAUNCH" kit the idea is to get more wieght over the rear tires to privide extra traction, right?. so to do this they prolly made taller springs in front to lift the front end wich would move the center of gravity back thus giving you mroe weight on your rear tires , sure this might not look great but its a "Drag launch kit" not a lowering kit have fun! LOL
mustanger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 02:34 PM   #9
mustanger82
Registered Member

You bought a "DRAG LAUNCH" kit the idea is to get more wieght over the rear tires to privide extra traction, right?. so to do this they prolly made taller springs in front to lift the front end wich would move the center of gravity back thus giving you mroe weight on your rear tires , sure this might not look great but its a "Drag launch kit" not a lowering kit have fun! LOL
mustanger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 12:59 AM   #10
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

I didn't buy the springs. The car was all setup when I bought it minus engine and tranyy and I had it for 7 months before I dropped the engine in it.