MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2001, 12:18 PM   #1
jerryIII

Cool Beat a viper, kinda long...

The wife and I went to the local cruising spot last nite, on our way home, about 11:30, we are noticing how little traffic there was. sitting at a red light minding our own business and an RT10 pulls next to us, aftermarket exhaust and tinted windows. I was thinking, what a nice fk'n car.. I throw him a 'howdy' rev, he rev's back (twice).. My heart was racing, I knew he wanted to play..

The light goes green and we both burn em off the line, I get the jump of about a 1/2 car length, but it didn't last long, he was 5 cars ahead in no time.. I wasn't disappointed, I knew I did'nt have a chance. he pulls into a McDonalds parking lot and we follow.

we both get out of the car and shake hands, hell of a nice guy. After talking street racing and cars for a while, he tells me, he wants to run me again, this time, no-holds-barred..

I thought there is no way, but what the hell (I'll turn on my new N2O and lower the pressure in my new drag radials, just to see what happens).. He tells me, if I beat him, he'll give me the title to the Viper.

I kicked my wife out of the car, threw out my speakers and any other weight I could find. we look at each other and say, "lets go"..

We line up at a light, wait for it to go red, (i turn on my N2O), and we wait.. It seemed like an eternity, my heart was racing.

The light goes green, I hit it (a little softer so the tires don't spin) and I launch, I look back and he's spinning but starting to hook, I slam 2nd, the stang is runnin mint and screamin, 6000 R's, I hit 3rd gear and I jam the throttle, N2O here we go, holy **** , 6000 4th gear, red light and the race is over. I look over, I had him by 1/2 car..

I can hardly believe it, I WON... we pulled back into McDonalds and my wife is just standing there like she's in a coma... she can't believe I beat a Viper... the guy gets out of the Viper smiling, he has the title in his hand, congratulates me on a great run, and starts filling in the title info.. The only thing he asks is a ride home (which was on our way)....

He finished writing the info and handed me the title, I apologized to him for taking his car, but he knew how excited I was, he looked at me, winked and said, "how do you think I got the car". We both smiled and he handed me the keys, I opened the door, sat in the pilots seat and turned the key....

Just then my fk'n alarm clock goes off, sh*t.

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

gears (4:10's) coming soon. N2O, soon to follow!!!