MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
Gs835.8Stang
Registered Member

Default 5.8L Alternator Bracketry/Pullies

Hello All. I am hoping someone can help me out with some questions on accessory bracketry for a 5.8L.
I am putting this motor into an 83 Stang. I am planning on using the stock length (long) water pump that was on the motor when I picked it out of an 85 Bronco. I will be running an electric fan, so I don't anticipate any clearence problems. I am having a problem figuring out how to mount the alternator. I tore the motor down in 2001, and I either lost a bracket somewhere or just don't remeber how it mounts.
I installed a manual rack in the car, so I won't be installing a PS pump. I would like to run one V-belt for the alternator, water pump and crank.
Does anyone know how to make this set-up work? I can change to a different water pump if need be, if so which one? Will I still be able to use the stock balencer (4-bolt) Which pullies will I need? Which brackets? Will I be able to use the stock alternator from the bronco? I believe I can make it work using the stock alternator and long snout water pump, but I am going to have to fab some brackets for the alternator, I would prefer to purchase the correct bracketry to make this work.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks.
Gs835.8Stang is offline   Reply With Quote