MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2002, 08:58 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default Will the 5.0 become obsolete

Now before I get mugged and beat down let me say I loce 5.0's I got one in fact.

Okay now that being said technology is increasing every day I think it like doubles every year or somethign really crazy.

Now the modular motors are rolling out and have been aorund fro a few years and alto fo the kinks are being worked out.
Not sure but i think Ford has 6 spds out or coming ot wiht them.

Where do you guys see the 5.0 in 10 years. I imange the mod motors will eb the 5.0 of today in a few years.

Okay now that i have blabbed let me get to some questions.

First off Ive read teh modular motors are reving machines. Why is that I mean cant you get your 5.0 to rev in the 7,000's?

Do they mean more of in stock form tehy can rev higher?

Also i hear gas mileage and afew littel other thigns are better abotu the newer motors btu their low end is pretty low.

So Bascailly Im wonderign even 5 years down teh road is the mod motors gonan dominate or is the pushrod motors still gonna be a good choice.

What would be better if i was not to be able to dirve for 5 years and i was gonna build a car. The newer motors have benifits but the aftermarket is kinda skimpy and expensive.

ACtaully it coems down to do yu want a motor that can rev to give more horses or more torque down low and as far as i knwo oyu want a reving car.

All Oppinions na dhtought would be helpful thanks guy

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote