MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-12-2001, 12:54 PM   #1
Gautam
Registered Member

Unhappy How to remove door panel in '89 5.0L?

Hi,
Ok, my driver side door is b*tchin around and it's sometimes hard to open the door (unless you fiddle with it). It's a bit easier to open from outside, then it is from inside. I just noticed this today, and I'm getting annoyed.

I think my lock/unlock switch is damaged or soemthing and I think it'd help if I can remove the door panel to see what I can do to fix things.

How do I remove the door panel? Where are the screws located? Is there any precautions I should take before popping off the panel? Would it be just as easy to put it back in?

Thanks!
Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 03:14 PM   #2
Phantom5oh
Registered Member

The door panel is pretty easy to come off. Just make sure the speaker is unscrewed, and the door handle, and the arm-rest. Once thats done all you'll need to do is get a wide screwdriver and at the bottom (better at a corner, front or rear)stick it between the door and the panel. Gently pry off the panel, its just held on with plastic mushroom-heads. They are only on the front, bottom, and rear of the door. Once all the plastic mushroom-heads are out then lift the panel up, cause its in a groove up top by the window channel. Thats it! Reverse order to put it back on.

Phantom
Phantom5oh is offline   Reply With Quote