MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
whitepony
Registered Member

Default new fuel pump??

hello everyone !!!
i replaced my fuel filter yes i put it on the right way. but a few days after i put it on my pressure went for the shits to like 25-30 now i have a used pump in there its 190 holley i got it from a friend that sold his car and took off most of the mods, i have my old one that worked fine should i just try and swap it agian cuz there is only 2 bolts. and when i take the 190 out is there a place that will rebulid it for my or should i just not even worrie about it cuz its not that much more power ia m gettin from it??
thanks anything will help
whitepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #2
LX5liter
dude5l

It could be your regulator. Do you have an aftermarket one or is it still stock?

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:57 PM   #3
USMC302
Registered Member

Your regulator is what "regulates" how much pressure is maintain in the system while in use. Definately check the regulator. Are you running lean, are your plugs white in color?
Old 12-10-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
whitepony
Registered Member

Default fuel pump??

its still stock and i'll have a look at my plugs and as far as running lean it wont run long enough to tell as soon as i put my foot on the gas it stalls even when i try and feather it .

i'll look at my plugs and get back to u
thanks !!
whitepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #5
Simi Stang

Default Re: new fuel pump??

Quote:
Originally posted by whitepony
hello everyone !!!
i replaced my fuel filter yes i put it on the right way. but a few days after i put it on my pressure went for the shits to like 25-30 now i have a used pump in there its 190 holley i got it from a friend that sold his car and took off most of the mods, i have my old one that worked fine should i just try and swap it agian cuz there is only 2 bolts. and when i take the 190 out is there a place that will rebulid it for my or should i just not even worrie about it cuz its not that much more power ia m gettin from it??
thanks anything will help
It's gotta be your regulator...or the fuel pump. I've never heard of getting your fuel pump rebuilt...and I wouldn;t recommend it. Just get a new one if that ends up being the fix. And I'd change your fuel filter again while you're at it. Couldn't hurt. You may have loosened up some sludge in the bottom of your tank when changing the pump out. And you are not getting more power from the bigger fuel pump. All the bigger pump does is make sure you have enough fuel pressure and that you're pushing enough fuel volume to feed your engine. The pressure is regulated up at the engine anyway. The bigger pump is nice for nitrous or blower applications though.