MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2001, 03:49 PM   #1
Beni
Registered Member

Post stock tach wont work

Its a 86 GT. The damn stock tach wont work. Ive checked for loose/broken wires and havent found anything. The wiring harness on the back of the cluster is in all the way. From the shematics I see 2 wires go to the tach. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where they go? I know one goes to the coil, but I cant see it anywhere...Thanks
Beni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 05:14 PM   #2
Gautam
Registered Member

Hi,
I dunno if this helps, or if my answer is stupid, but could it be the needle is broken?

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 10:11 PM   #3
Darkside
Registered Member

If you have the instrument panel removed trace printed circut from tach to plug, should be green wire I believe if my memory hasn't failed me. Connect a volt meter to it and ground or test light it will cause a volt meter show voltage or cause your test light to flash, if you don't have the light or volt meter,you can run your finger accross the terminal running and it will give you a slight shock if your other hand is touching metal, it bites a bit but nothing dangerous, unless maybe you got a pace maker,HAHA. If you no their is current their then replace or send your tach out for repair. If you have MSD on the car sometimes you need a adapter to make it work, I've seen cars that need it mine did't however. Good Luck.

Army

------------------
89 Notchback 347 Trick flow heads and intake bbk full length headers 3.73 Pro Charger with 3 row intercooler and much much more never enough got to go faster!!!
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 08:03 AM   #4
Beni
Registered Member

Ive got the ACCEL 300+ actually... and it does have the green wire on it to hook up a tach, but Ill troubleshoot the cluster and get back to you.
Beni is offline   Reply With Quote