MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
NotchbackStang
Registered Member

Default What would you pay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6236
I am new to mustangs and this site, i just wanted peoples opinions from here i bought this car last week cause i thought it was a pretty good deal let me know what you guys think about the car and how much you guys would have paid for it.
NotchbackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

It's hard to say what I'd pay as I'm not in the market for a car such as this...but here are some questions/observations:

He says that motor was put together with AFR bolts. I've never heard of them. I've heard of ARP bolts though.

I don't like to see that fuel line at the back bumper. That's a little scary for a street driven car.

Why did he sell the car?

It's always difficult when purchasing a modified car - especially one like this that has had quite a bit done to it. The problem is you never know what has or hasn't been done. Especially when it comes to the engine. Obviously it's been rebuilt, but by who? And did this person have the proper experience?

So, what did you pay for it? How is she driving?

And welcome to MustangWorks!!!

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #3
NotchbackStang
Registered Member

well i have all of the reciepts and the motor was built using ARP bolts and it was done by a good shop in NJ i checked up on them before i bought it. As for the fuel line there is really no other place for it because the tanks sump is like right there so i will have to figure somthing out for that but for now the car only gets driven on weekends and nice days so it is not a daily driver which i never intended it to be when i saw it. The guy i bought it from is pretty legit he gave me all the paperwork. He basically sold it because he is moving and he lost his garage space and he does not want the car to sit outside and turn to s!@# so he sold it to me for 7,500 she drives great plenty of power even though im not to rough cause the motor only has 3XX miles on it so i have basically just been shifting at like 3,500 till it breaks in sorry for the lengthy post
NotchbackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
buddha
Registered Member

Looks like a pretty clean car to me. I'd say you didn't get a great deal, but you didn't get a bad deal either. In other words, I don't think your going to be able to turn it for a major profit. Nice car though.....looks like it needs about a 200 shot of N2O!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I agree....you didn't get the deal of the century, but you didn't get the shaft either.

Over all you've got a damn nice car on your hands, congrads.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:37 AM   #6
LX5liter
dude5l

Looks like a decent deal to me. I would say the guy put a lot of money into the car, and it doesn't look like he "hacked" it together. Enjoy your new ride!!

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:54 AM   #7
420nitro
Registered Member

Hey man, you did real good! I am an auto appraisor. By all means that car is worth $800-$1800 black book to a dealer or to a normal bank with-out an appraisal done. But for the aftermarket world and guys into Mustangs I can easily see 5-6000 dollars for a built Mustang of that caliber, and notchbacks are always worth more..to the aftermarket Mustang world. It looks nice. I agree with budda put at least a 150 shot if not a 200 on it. As goes for the fuel line....leave it alone! Enjoy your new toy.
My.02
Shit I pay that much....wanna sell it???
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
Scrapla
Registered Member

Nice car, looks like he has more then 6k in the MODS alone, Ive got about 5k in my 347 goin in my car plus the 3k I paid for the ride also I seen alotta notch back stangs in good condition sell for well over 5k down here in florida so go enjoy that thing!

RICE HATERS MEMBER #73
Scrapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:25 PM   #9
RBatson
Registered Member

Without seeing the car first hand.. I think you made out fine. I know the guy has more than $7500 in the car. It looks killer! Have fun!