MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2002, 10:33 AM   #1
OUTPLAYN
Registered Member

Default Cam question???

What kind or size, or make of cam do ya guys think is a good one for a stock motor?? And will it work if ya port the stock heads? I want to learn more about this.

92 Lx w/auto "stock"
95 CBR900rr "coming out of mothballs"
OUTPLAYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
briand
Registered Member

i would keep the stock cam if your car is mostly stock, the stock cam is a great cam, and it isn't your weak point, your heads are the weak point. i think your money would be best spent somewhere else, like gears, heads, intake, and then cam. good luck man
GT-40X heads(58cc), Cobra upper and lower, 75 mm Bullet, Moroso fenderwell induction, FRPP 65mm TB, 24# injectors, black magic electric fan, phenolic spacer, 1.7 crane cobra roller rockers, crane 2031, BBK 1 5/8 equal length hearders, 2.5 inch off road pipe, 2.5 flowmaster catback, FMS 3.55 gears, T5-Z transmission, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, svo heavy duty clutch, mcleod bullet proff bellhousing, BBK adjustable cluth quadrant, hurst billet shifter, lakewood subframes, BBK strut tower brace, BBK 2pt lower cross bar, FMS 190 lph fuel pump, crane ps91 coil, FMS street pulleys, and 300+ race wires. All thanks goes to my wife sheri, jason, jeff, robby, my dad and all others you helped contribute. most importantly GOD!!!
briand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #3
mysweetlx
Registered Member

I agree. I'd wait on the cam if I were you. There are so many oter mods that'll actually help you if you're still stock.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #4
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up Good Points

Everyone brings up good points on this matter,but there is one thing I have to add. If you already have it apart,why not go ahead and change the cam then instead of getting it back together and just to take it apart later on to put a cam in it?

As always plan what you want to do,set a goal either hp or e.t goal,and go from there,this hobby can get real expensive real fast if you are not careful.

To be inline with the others the stock cam is an awesome piece,it has propelled cars into the high 11's at 3200 pounds so it is stout.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote