MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-25-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
Stang951
Registered Member

Default Gauge needle colors

Just wanted some opinions on what color needles look good with white face gauges. SO far I am trying flourescent orange, bright red and flourescent green with flour orange tips. I havent been able to find regular orange model paint yet...only been to Wal-mart.
Since the car is green I thought the green needles would look cool, but I can't decide which color I like the best:

I like the gauge needles painted like the autometer gauge needles, but I think they need to light up at night as well.
Here's a picture of the different needles so far:

Here's what the dash looked like before:

The dash is now black, waiting to be reinstalled, the a/f ratio gauges was replaced with a fuel level gauge, and the radio is now an Alpine.
Suspension:
Maximum Motorsports Caster-Camber Plates / Maximum Motorsports adjustable lower control arms / FRPP heavy duty upper control arms / Tokico Illumina Shocks and Struts / Ground Pounder Coil Over conversion kit front / Steeda cross brace sub-frame connectors /
Drivetrain:
Tremec 3550 trans / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter / Spec Stage II clutch and pressure plate / Spec aluminum flywheel /

5.8 in the hole
Stang951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
VeNuM
Registered Member

Green looks out of place. I like the orange myself, that is the color that I'm planning on doing my needles. Whose white face gauges are those and is it possible to get a good night picture with the dash lit up? Thanks, ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 11:07 PM   #3
Stang951
Registered Member

Those are mine, I was pkaying with the colors. And funny you should ask frr a night shot, cause I just got the wiring settled (for the most part anyway) and here you go:

The green didnt look that good at night either. I liked the concept, but the final result was not that great. I like the orange also. The red looked good, but it was kinda dark, and everyone I talked to is doing the red.
Keep in mind that digital cameras take all the light that they can and utilize it. The speedo lights are not that great. Mainly because there is a section on the frame of the gauge that is like a checkerboard type of thing.
Suspension:
Maximum Motorsports Caster-Camber Plates / Maximum Motorsports adjustable lower control arms / FRPP heavy duty upper control arms / Tokico Illumina Shocks and Struts / Ground Pounder Coil Over conversion kit front / Steeda cross brace sub-frame connectors /
Drivetrain:
Tremec 3550 trans / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter / Spec Stage II clutch and pressure plate / Spec aluminum flywheel /

5.8 in the hole
Old 04-26-2003, 11:29 PM   #4
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Dude that green looks awesome. Its really different and stands out opposed to the regular orange. Id stick with the green for a while.
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 09:57 AM   #5
Stang951
Registered Member

I think that I am going to do a complete set in orange and a complete set in green and try both sets. Since I figured out to use a fork instead of the tool that the gauge co. sent me it is easy as hell to take them off.
Suspension:
Drivetrain:

5.8 in the hole
Old 04-27-2003, 10:14 AM   #6
LX5liter
dude5l

Green looks kinda ricey IMO, but it's your car, so pick your favourite.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote