MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-30-2002, 01:39 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default CamShaft Help Needed

Hey Guys I have been curious for some time how exactly gas mileage is effected by the lift and duration of cams?

i knwo the new modular motors get really god gas mileage but knwo they are more efficient. But out of curioustiy is it more so because they are made to have mroe power giher up n the RPM band?

Ive also been told that the higher your power comes in your RPM band is determined by your lift of the cam but i thoguth the hgiher the lift teh worse gasmileage which makes no sense form above?

Basically the gas mileage isnt that important but i also dont want like 10 MPG on the highway.

Also how does duration and lift effect everythign i am looking for a ton of power around 4000 - 7000 RPM
Probalyl peaking towards the top shifitng around 7,000

Any streetable cam selections you guys can think of?

Also i have read in many magazines comp ratio numbers for cams is that what hte cam will amke a stock pistons ratio or is that what htey recommend you have to run teh cam?

Would it be bad if you were runnign lets say 10:1 and they reccomend 10.5-13:1?

Thanks for the help

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote