MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2002, 05:45 PM   #1
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Default Cobra guys, get in here!!!!

I noticed that the little tube going to the top of my EGR has very, very little or no vacuum going to that tube at all and may be causing my EGR to not function correctly. In comparison, the tube going to the fuel pressure regulator has a lot of vacuum going to it. When I pulled off the cap to the FPR, you can hear the vacuum of air from that tube where the EGR tube is basically useless. Does this match with what you guys see with your "healthy" running Cobras? My idle sucks and I get the smell of oil in the car at cruising speeds.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:46 PM   #2
ozee2021
Registered Member

The EGR is regulated vacuum,at idle there will be very little vacuum going to it if any.your idle check voltage to your tps,you may have to reset your idle screw and adjust your tps,or have a vacuum leak,also dont mean to ask a stupid question but is your mass air meter calibrated to your injectors,did you have idle problems after you installed your mass air?
98 cobra,shm 800hp short block,stage 1 heads,ported intake,42lb injectors,pro-m80 mm mass air,pro-m optimizer,bbk long tube headers,procharger running 16psi,3 core intercooler,tremec tko,centerforce dual friction clutch,lakewood scatersheild,aluminum driveshaft,4.30 gears,adjustable upper and lower control arms,kenny brown springs,saleen body kit,koni adjustable drag struts&shocks
ozee2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 12:50 PM   #3
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Thanks.. here is a response I got on another board.

"I checked the egr vacume on my 98 and there is plenty when i unplugged the hose the car did idle terrible when it was unplugged. hope this helps you figure out what ales your car."

The mass air meter was on the car for four years and was matched to the injectors. This problem started last year. The TPS and idle screw is set right and isn't the problem. If what the guy in the 98 said is right, I may not be getting any opening of the EGR at all since I have no vacuum going to the valve.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote