MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2001, 10:31 AM   #1
isaacGT91
Registered Member

Question shift kit problem?

hey guys got a problem.
well let me tell you first. i have a B&M Hammer shift kit for my 91 GT. well last week i broke of the lever or rachet to go into reverse. everything still works but if i want to go into reverse i have to lift up the kit to pull up the lever. im currently looking for a different shift kit. i called some places and JEGS but they say the same thing that that was the only shift kit designed for those model mustangs for the console. ANY SUGGESTTIONS? remind you that this is a daily driver FOR NOW and well i dont want to change over to manual cause i wanted to see what all i can get out of with this automatic. what do yall think?
isaacGT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 03:32 PM   #2
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

i think you are talking about the B&M hammer (rachet) shifter, not a shift kit. a shift kit goes inthe tranny itself.

i have the B&M shifter too and love it! never had a problem with it. it sounds like when u put the shifter together u forgot to put the retaining clip in that holds the shift lever in.

i believe hurst makes a shifter for the auto, and i have seen people put the B&M "pro stick" in mustangs too!

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims. 14.9 at 95.07mph with stock 2.73's.

89LX 2.3 Notch, daily beater!
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:41 AM   #3
isaacGT91
Registered Member

alright well let me check out what Hurst has but i think im going to have to go back to the same B&M. i luv it too and it looks good but i wanted to see what the others were like.
isaacGT91 is offline   Reply With Quote