MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

View Poll Results: Which intake?
Victor 5.8L 5 26.32%
Trick Flow 5.8L 6 31.58%
Holley SysteMax (if this is available) 2 10.53%
Other 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-26-2001, 10:36 AM   #21
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Quote:
Originally posted by 8850

Not too bad for a 9.9:a compression ratio, n/a engine. But my hp is not very good. Torque is what gets me that 1.394 60' though!
Let me guess. You're running an automatic with a decently healthy stall converter? You can pretty much disregard the torque ratings below the stall RPM, those aren't at all accurate to what the engine is making. It's the torque converter's multiplication that gives you those numbers, which is the same reason you can cut such a quick 60 foot, and a low ET.

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 11:28 AM   #22
Registered Member

jonnyk,

I know the converter multiplies torque and this is not true engine torque but it is a real 60' time I run due to the converter multiplication. We can play with theories and numbers all day but it's et that counts!

My stall is a 3200 so I would say it is safe to say the Victor 5.0 makes torque above 3200 for sure.
8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 11:37 AM   #23
Mach 1
Registered Member

jonnyk, where did u get and how much $$ for the front bucket seats in your ride. Im tired of crap ford seats. I cant even enjoy my car riding on those worthless factory seats.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 05:09 PM   #24
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
jonnyk, where did u get and how much $$ for the front bucket seats in your ride. Im tired of crap ford seats. I cant even enjoy my car riding on those worthless factory seats.
They are Cobra Daytona seats, which can be purchased from Western Motorsports in Calgary, Canada (Website) or from Sube Sports in California (Website). They are around the $500US apiece price tag. Very comfy, reclining, room for 4 point harnesses, and they hang on in the corners!

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 12:02 AM   #25
COME CORRECT
Registered Member

Wink Intake

Have thought about a Spyder intake?
Old 12-27-2001, 01:15 AM   #26
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Yeah, that's one we discussed for a minute or two earlier in this thread. Look ^up there^

It's a very clean looking intake huh. I may just try it for the hell of it, but I think I'll call them first toi see what they have to say.

If not I think I want to try the Victor. I've been in contact with Edelbrock and they said it should have an RPM range that will work with this combo and my desired RPM. My heads may or may not flow good enough for it now, but I can always port them if they don't.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 08:25 AM   #27
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by 2FastLX
Yeah, that's one we discussed for a minute or two earlier in this thread. Look ^up there^

It's a very clean looking intake huh. I may just try it for the hell of it, but I think I'll call them first toi see what they have to say.

If not I think I want to try the Victor. I've been in contact with Edelbrock and they said it should have an RPM range that will work with this combo and my desired RPM. My heads may or may not flow good enough for it now, but I can always port them if they don't.
Those heads will totally outflow that Victor with the numbers you gave me, they will even outflow the R.

I like the Spyder but was always under the impression that it was good in the high revs, I personally think the R is the way to go, fully ported so that it doesn't starve those Canfield Heads. 36-42# injectors as well, depending on the compression ratio you end up at. Make sure that the cam will make the use of those heads, if not you will be wasting a lot of time and money.

Check out RNH Performance Performance Engines and Custom Fabrication.
From Mild to Wild we can build what you want, when you want it.

FOR SALE Stainless Steel Torque Box Supports
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote