MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2001, 08:43 AM   #1
bcinyuz
Registered Member

Cool JET HOT COATINGS ON EXHAUST.......

I WANT TO BUY A NEW SET OF EQUAL LENGTH SHORTIES ON MY STANG BUT IM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD GO THE EXTRA MILE TO GET THE ONES WITH EITHER A CERAMIC COATING OR THE NEW JET HOT COATING. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH. (THANKS IN ADVANCE).

------------------
bcinyuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 03:49 PM   #2
andy669
Registered Member

If you are going equal length I would definately spend the money to get the Jet Hot. It seems to me that the equals put off a ton more heat than the unequals. I have had both and I can tell a difference. I have been through MAC, Dynomax, and Bassani, and I think Bassani is the highest quality stuff there is. But, its also the most expensive.
andy

------------------
3 Black 94 GT Vert. AODE/TKO conversion, 3:73's, ported X-305's, GT40 manifolds, 75mm TB, 30lbers, PMS, 300 horse Top Gun wet kit, and all the other little stuff
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 01:27 AM   #3
John
Registered Member

If you dont get the jet hots you will hate yourself mine are like 5 yrs old and still look brand spankin new

------------------
89 Notch: ASP Pullies,
K&N Air,Transgo shiftkit,Trans. cooler,FMS 3 core Radiator, FMS 4:10's, 1.5" cowl, cold air kit, hooker shorties(jet hot coated), O/R H-Pipe, ASP solid mounts, Energy Sus. Trans. Mnt. BBK 70mm TB, MSD 6al, Dual elec. fans, 5.0 Firepower Kit, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, always room for more
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 12:42 PM   #4
buddha
Registered Member

Jet Hot is some bad *** stuff. My friend had his headers coated with the stuff. He ended up cutting off a section of the collector and gave me the scrap (some 4" stuff). Anyway, I was using some of it for a homemade powerpipe and I was cutting and grinding away at the pipe and the Jet Hot is unbelievably tuff. It's like it's actually part of the metal. I'm going to have the next set I buy done with it.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:35 AM   #5
Fostang
Registered Member

I had my whole exhaust coated with it and it looks great. Except where I have a tranny leak and it drops on the hot exhaust. Extremely resisitan to bumps and scratches. Get it.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote