MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-26-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
ghatya
Registered Member

Question too much fuel/ won't start now?

First off I'm a rookie so this is probably an easy fix for you guys, last night i installed a new fuel sending unit, fuel tank, and a new holley 190L fuel pump, we got everything installed exactlly the way the book says and they way we disconnected the old tank/pump/sending unit.

My problem is the car will not start now, it started fine last night after the install and again this morning it started two times for me, I got back home and the car just would start uintil I relieved the pressure in the system and hooked the elec. shut off back up, now it does not start again and i tried the same trick but no luck. I have an Aeromotive fuel regulator but did'nt have the time to install it last night----AM I GETTING TO MUCH FUEL AND IT's FLOODING THE SYTEM? If so I'm guessing I need to go ahead and hook up the regulator and adjust it accordingly . IF not what could be my problem?

Any help for the newbie would be appreciated.

thanks, rick
ghatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
LX5liter
dude5l

It might be flooding, next time it won't start hold the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking, this tells the computer not to add any fuel for starting. If it fires up, then you probably have injectors leaking down. If not then maybe your not getting any fuel, or it could be ignition related as well. Do you have spark when it won't start? Do you have a pressure guage hooked up to tell you what the pump/regulator/injectors are doing?
Tell us how it goes.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote