MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
surfsup
Registered Member

Default Ordered my headers, now I need new rockers

I ordered my headers from Mac today, thanks guys for the help> but I just realized I need new rockers, I don’t think I should use the stock rockers, is one brand better then another? Not sure if I should go with 1.6 or 1.7.. I know the 1.7 will change the lift which is ok, I’m installing a Ecam with the heads but I wonder if I should have went with the B cam instead, the heads are SVO GT 40 aluminum, the guy I bought these from said there pedestal mount, should I stay with pedestal or change to stud mount, ? I was also thinking about used rockers to save a few dollars, ( any thoughts on used) if i buy used, are all rocker compatible as long as there stud or pedestal? or must they be for the right application? ford is ford chevy is chevy.This car is a daily driver, so it has to be some what trouble free
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default Re: Ordered my headers, now I need new rockers

I would get 1.6 pedestal mount rockers and not look back.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Too many variables to answer that one. It all depends on what you want. The 1.7's and 1.6's are fine. Eitherway you should be fine. It's all a matter of opinion. Never bought anything that important used, not that it's a bad idea, just haven't done that. Ford =Ford, Chevy=Chevy stick with that and you are golden.

The heads can be converted to the stud mount rockers, but why pay more for the same thing with the pedestal mount?
Old 01-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
surfsup
Registered Member

I’ve been giving this a lot of thought, the car will average 12,000 miles a year as a daily driver, are rollers the way to go, ? or would I be better off keeping with a stock rocker arm for reliability, compared to what ever possible gains that I probably won’t even see if i go with rollers

Last edited by surfsup; 01-14-2006 at 09:38 PM..
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitecobra
Ford =Ford, Chevy=Chevy stick with that and you are golden.
Not true my friend. The only time that will get you in trouble is with Chevy's "offset" rockers. My Ford runs very well with "chevy" trick flow rockers on it. And they were recommended by the owner of Canfield heads, who happens to be a Ford guy like us.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote