MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-07-2002, 01:26 AM   #1
joseph nopper
Registered Member

Question putting together new combo, need opinions

after much consideraton i have decided to throw a little something-something together for my daily driven 93 gt to help keep all those pesky f-bodies, twin turbo 300z's, and my friend alex's lotus behind me. so far my car is set up as follows : stock 5.0 long block w/ bbk fender air kit, 75mm pro-m, 24 lbs injectors, 190 lph in the tank, 12 degrees initial, bbk underdrive pulleys, 180 degree thermostat, mac stubbies and hi flow cats, 3 chambers, tremec 3550, 3.73's, sportline springs, upr proline solid upper and lower rca's, spherical upper bushings, welded subframe connectors. i will soon be adding : afpr and fuel gauge, water temp gauge, 70mm tb, 1.6 rr, hand ported and extrude honed cobra intake, lunati 51014 grind cam 286/292 duration w/ .500/.510 valve lift w/ 1.6rr's, dr gas off road x-pipe and either a spin tech or a magnaflow after cat.

here is where i need some good opinions backed with some flow numbers if possible : i want to run either a twisted wedge or a canfield aluminum head

i do not care about the following : emissions legality, stud or pedastal mount rockers, pushrod length

i do not want to have the pistons flycut for clearance, so in that respect it must be a bolt on head, the heads will have no port work done to them except a quick, but careful clean up w/ a cartridge roll, i am assuming the tw's will have the 2.02/1.60's and the canfield from excessive motorsports come with either 1.94/1.60's or 2.02/1.60's for a negligible difference in price. for the time being the car will remain n/a so the head must retain good lowend torque and throttle response, read "velocity", but offer a good balance of upper end flow also. i realize that at the power level i will be at any difference will be marginal, but if i am going to drop some decent coin on these heads i want to have room to get more out of them in the future if i want. thank you for any advice in advance.....
bad boy is getting big block power
joseph nopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #2
SlowGT
Registered Member

I've got World Product Windsor Jr's with the same intake and cam on a stock bottom end. Got plenty of piston-to-valve clearance. I think they're available in aluminum. I'm gonna put a Kenne Bell on it this winter. I'm going to try 6# and see what happens. The Jr's have a 58cc chamber. Best I can calculate without actual measurements is a compression ratio of 10.4:1 with a FelPro gasket. I don't recall the gasket #.

Good luck.

New Slow GT--> under construction

Latest Addition: 95 Cobra R, #73, bone stock, ~6100 miles.
SlowGT is offline   Reply With Quote