MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-10-2004, 09:36 PM   #1
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Default Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I finally got it running today. After a few kinks with the idle it idles and DRIVES. WoW is that ****** fast and LOUD! Sorry I'm just so excited! I'll post back some more tomorrow after some fine tuning! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:53 PM   #2
420nitro
Registered Member

Cool Man.....congrats
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:14 AM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
stang_racer20
Registered Member

I posted this same thread on automotive forums, but i'd like as many opinions as possible.

Well the engine itself seems to be running strong and constant now. Its the trans thats worrying me! In overdrive or drive, there is a late and slow shift into 3rd. I have yet to go faster into overdrive for fear of burning up the trans. If I start out using the "manual" shift pattern(1, 1-2-1, D) its shifts solid and quick, damn near perfect. I'm thinking a little TV adjustment might help but this is NOT my expertise. One of my fellow racing buddies(he has like an 87 Monte SS built up) came over today and he said that you could adjust it by feel, versus using a line pressure gauge. Something along the lines of pulling the throttle lever to wide open and adjusting it so its just tight? Any thoughts on that?

Secondy I can smell gas in the oil, not a hell of a lot, but its there. I guess I'll pull the plugs tomorrow and check em out. Any thought on that?

I have the fuel pressure, tps, idle, and timing adjusted right. Timing is set at 10* for now, fp w vacuum disconnected at 40 psi, tps is at .98(was at 1.28!) and the idle is at 950rpm.

Last but not least, sorry to be so long, the oil pan is leaking AGAIN! I guess me and oil pan gaskets just dont mix!
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Sorry man, I can't really help you with your TV cable adjustment, it's not my thing either. However I DO know that you can really screw up your trans fast if it's not adjusted right.

Quote:
Originally posted by stang_racer20
Last but not least, sorry to be so long, the oil pan is leaking AGAIN! I guess me and oil pan gaskets just dont mix!
I HIGHLY suggest you invest in a one peice oil pain gasket. They're reusable and I've never had one leak on it. They are a bit pricey but they are WELL worth it. You can pick them up at your local autoparts store. We keep them in stock at work (Advance Auto Parts)

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #6
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Actually I put one in last weekend cause the 4 piece I originally put on started leaking. It was a pain in the azz to do in he vehicle, but yes I put a 1 piece in! And yes I silconed the corners. I wonder if the pan is fucked up.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:20 AM   #7
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Don't take a chance and mess up the tranny. Adjust with a pressure gauge, it is fairly simple to do and well worth the piece of mine. Adjusting it by feel would be flirting with disaster....not much room for error.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #8
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Well whats this "block" I keep hearing about that you need to adjust the tv linkage? I think it was like a small .4 or .5 inch block that goes somewhere on the throttle lever when you adjust it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 07-14-2004, 02:27 AM   #9
rwhite65
Ride Hard

It is a little block in the shape of a fork (two teeth)...goes over the T.V. cable right at the throttle body area of ur car. It preloads the cable the recommended amount, but it also acts kinda like a wedge so u can make adjustmnets. You r suppose to use it to get the correct pressure reading on the pressure gauge.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote