MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-06-2001, 12:57 PM   #1
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

Post Cam and intake

Going to do a cam and intake swap on my 95 gt. i am fairly experienced and a mechanic frind is really experienced, i have done a cam and intake swap on my 65 stang but, that is very different, how long do you guys think it will take???? or how long has it taken you guys to do it in the past, i only have a FULL 2 days to do it in so if it will take longer im not going to do it this weekend... thank a bunck
patrick
Patrick Boetticher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 02:28 PM   #2
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

-
Old 02-06-2001, 05:57 PM   #3
SisuStang

I've actually done it it one day before, but that was in a friend's fully equipped shop & with help.

Still, 2 days should give you plenty of time to do things right, especially if you start on Fri night, if possible.

Just be sure you have all of the necessary tools & parts before you start (eg - Harmonic balancer puller, all gaskets, etc.)

It's not that much more difficult than with the '65. All of the elctrical stuff just unplugs quickly (ie inj's & sensors).

Good Luck!

------------------
91 coupe
3.73's,long tubes,2 1/2" exh,ported stock t-body,ProM-77mm
cobra intake,edelbrock heads,B303,1.72 rr's
36lb inj's,tremec, & a Paxton NOVI 2000!!!
11.020 @128.95 on BFG Drag Radials (275/60/15)

Old 02-06-2001, 06:09 PM   #4
gt93mustang
Registered Member

I would have to agree with SisuStang. If you are only doing the intake and cam, it should only take you a little over a day. I have done a few cam/intake/heads/exhaust swaps in a weekend (starting Friday night of course) by myself, so it is absolutely not impossible. It shouldn't be too different from the '65 swap. I would also take SisuStang's advice and make sure you have all of the tools, parts, and gaskets you need before you start. It's always a pain in the butt to have to run out at 9:00 Saturday night trying to find an open parts store... and that's always when it happens.

------------------
MAC equal length headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, 373's, March ram-air kit, underdrive pulleys, 73mm MAF, 75mm TB, Saleen Intake (ported), Edelbrock 6037 heads (ported, polished, 3 angle valve-job 255CFM @.500), 1.6 FMS RR's, Wolverine 1087 Cam, 24lb injectors, MSD 6AL, Subframe connectors, Griggs Adustable Lower Control Arms, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, SSM Upper Control Arms... and probably some more in there I forgot
gt93mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 02:08 AM   #5
withamc
Registered Member

Patrick - I'll be doing mine over President's day weekend by myself, I think. Let us know how it goes.
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 11:32 AM   #6
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

thanks for all the help, i have made shure i have everything, twice, the only thing i have left to get is the puller, cuz i have to rent it so ill get it on friday so i wont have to pay for it. iam still waiting for the timing cover gasket kit thiat will be here today. my buddy decided yesterday to that he wanted to start on thursday night, to get off allthe crap that will just get inthe way so i well have a head start on it on friday morning. ohhhhh what id the brak in procedure??? on a roller cam , it is not the same as a regular cam is it... thanks again guys.
Old 02-07-2001, 01:41 PM   #7
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

-
Old 02-07-2001, 04:08 PM   #8
yello95gt
Registered Member

no need to brake a roller in, just lube everything up: lifters, pushrods, cam, etc..just make sure you change the oil before starting. make sure you have some tools to disconnect the fuellines.
yello95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 11:33 AM   #9
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

thats what i thought about the brake in...

thanks for the help, i have the fule line removal tools from the last time i did the injectors,

thanks again
PB
Old 02-11-2001, 12:41 AM   #10
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

Just Finished!! did it in 2 days about 8 hours of work... it took us longer than 2 days cuz we ran into a problem the timeing chain that i got was wrong had to wait for another one. and we also ran into something called Rain. we dont know what that is in cali.. we did the whole thing with out nay major flaws except that we put the distributor in a little off and it messed the whole thing up. but now the the red rocket hauls a@@...
thanks alott for the help.