MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-12-2001, 03:29 AM   #1
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

Post Rev limiter

Is there a way to disable Factory rev- limiter?

------------------
PPG Torch Red 95GT, Ported Explorer Intake, E-303 cam, 75mm TB, BBK Adj. fuel Reg, BBK Headers, BBK H-pipe, Pulleys, Flowmasters, Shorty belt, Kenny Brown 6 point cage,Kenny Brown Panhard Bar, Powerslot Rotors, Eibach Springs,180* Thermostat, 1/2 plenum Spacer, MSD 6AL, Master Blaster, MSD 8.8 Wires, 19# Racing Injectors, AFS 10.5" Cobra R's, Nitto 555s, Eclipse & JL Stereo System... I just sold My K&N, It looks funny with Stock Air Box & filter!!!
Patrick Boetticher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 09:31 AM   #2
Jeff Chambers

Have a chip burnt.

I've also heard that you can find the wire from the computer to the fuel relay (under the seat) and clip the wire. This way the signal from the computer to start dropping fuel never reaches the relay. I'm not sure which wire it is, but if you can get ahold of a wiring diagram for the computer, you should be able to determine the correct pin and wire color(s).

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.97 Seconds / 114.5 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 10:02 AM   #3
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Or get something like an SVO (I hate FRRP) Extender. I gotta ask why though with a hydraulic roller cam? I wouldn't think it would rev much past 6500 rpm, maybe 7000 rpm?
and I didn't see a ported or aftermarket head in your sig?

Talking with Comp Cams (at least with a 2.02 valve) and looking for a 7000 rpm red line, they had suggested heavier springs, and a special lifter (magnum I think) in any event the lifter has a lash requirement (.004 I believe) rather than just cinching it down until it quits making clatter.

I guess you could lighten some of the components up? Titanium retainers, small diameter pushrods and using that CC lifter combined with a small valve would do the job?

The best practical approach I have seen was the hydra rev kit for hydralic roller engines that AFR had been working on. They haven't said much about it, So I guess there was a problem developing the hardware (no space between the head and lifter to install the rev kit?), but in a brand x application, the hydraulic roller equipped engine was able to make more top end power and rev past 7000 rpm due to better lifter/valve control.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 12:02 PM   #4
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

I was just curious... wasnt planning on it...
Patrick Boetticher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 01:22 PM   #5
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

I would think the chip would be best. I don't like the idea about clipping the wire between the fuel relay and the computer. That's what the computer uses to turn the relay on, not cut it off. The way it limits fuel is by cutting injector on time. You still get fuel pressure.

Also, you could get a custom EFI computer. I'm getting one anyway so that I don't have to run emissions equipment and so that I can fine tune the fuel and timing curves. They're kinda expensive though.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P&Ped heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
15.43 @ 91.08mph (not shabby for a 3600 pound car)
60' 2.453 Street tires suck!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote