MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-20-2003, 08:50 PM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Default 410W and Stock T5??

im almost done puting together my 410W...but has become apparent to me that i wont beable to save enough money to get my new tranny before winter....so

i was wondering if it would work to bolt it up to the crappy stock T5 just to move the car around...mabe to the gas station for gas and to move it out of the garage possibly down to my freinds shop for winter.....also for timing it and tuning it a bit..

then saving up and geting the new tranny of winter and installing it next spring...would i be able to do this??
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:21 PM   #2
-RootS-
Registered Member

You can go this way. If you don't go too hard on the tranny it will survive. The T5 is wimpy but if you go easy on it will last for some times. I have seem some T5 last very long behind motor of 350 hp+.
-RootS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:43 PM   #3
tinner
Registered Member

The ? is can you keep your foot out of that beast ?

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:43 AM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

it will be tuff but ill try my best
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote