MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2001, 03:32 PM   #1
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Post NITROUS...

Hey everyone, I want some nitrous! I know I don't want it to run lean, so I was thinking 24-30# injectors & 155-255 fuel pump and fuel regulator. What's everyone think about nitrous? What all do I need for nos? And I was thinking a 100 shot, any help would be much appreciated. After this engine goes I was thinking about a 347/ forged pistons, Trick Flow heads and so on.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 03:53 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

Don't know that much about nitrous, but if you get a 'wet' system, it supplies its own fuel, you just have to toss in a better fuel pump. That might be safer. Anyone (unit) care to explain what exactly happens when the car runs lean?

Cue kyle barf sound from south park, thats what I think of when I hear nitrous.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 11:35 PM   #3
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I think this should be in the Windsor Power forum. hint, hint moderators

Anyways,

I've got an 80hp dry kit on my car finally. Made two runs on it (street not track). You should have a 190lph pump minimum, and 24lb injectors on a not so stock engine, and a good regulator. If your engine is stock, get the regulator and pump, the injectors should be alright, but contact the nitrous manufacturer to make sure that their system works with stock injectors.

Otherwise :
KA-BOOM!

[This message has been edited by 86GT (edited 04-03-2001).]
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:19 AM   #4
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Moved to Windsor Power

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 11:55 AM   #5
Moxie
Registered Member

As long as your injectors are working fine, don't be quick to change them. A wet n2o kit brings it's own fuel, so you don't need bigger injectors. A dry kit is calibrated to work with stock injectors, so you would need to specify to the vendor if you run something else.

Upgrade the fuel pump and regulator. Make sure your ignition is in good shape. A 100 shot should be no problem on a stock 302.

To get started, a basic EFI kit with a bottle pressure gauge will be sufficient. There are other accessories you can add, but they're a luxury, not a necessity. Don't activate the n2o below 2500rpm. Run at least 92 octane gasoline.

Quote:
Cue kyle barf sound from south park, thats what I think of when I hear nitrous.
It goes in your engine, not in your mouth.

------------------
Moxie Racing

The Nitrous Oxide Information Site
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 12:33 PM   #6
Bill Duke
Registered Member

1Bad89...Im currently running the 5115 kit set to 75hp and these kits seem to run extremly rich. When I had my car on the dyno using the nitrous, the A/F ratio was ~10.1 and below. I didn't try tuning it because I didn't have the jets with me at the time. Pretty soon im going back to the dyno and jetting the Nitrous up to 100 shot and tune it then. BTW, im running a 155, and 24lbs.

------------------
Bill Duke

My Coupe
My Mods
12.68@107.6 N/A

Bill Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 12:55 PM   #7
JP85gt
Registered Member

Exclamation

Hold up now take a look at my setup. 150 Nitros Dry shot with 1250 bottle presure heated in the sink. Yes i know its dangerous . 190 fuel pump on top of a intank 150,stock fuel psi reg *alterd* i recomend a GOOD adjustable fuel reg i just did that because i ran outa cash,24 pounders,TW heads no port work,edlebrock upper and lower,under drive pully-s,no A/C no PS,long tubes,offroad hpipe,2cham flows str8 no dumps. Thats my setup and i run perfect and it hits HARD i dont have much run with me. I have a name that im called where i run but i dont want the ones that read this ng knowing why i beat them so well keep that name under wraps MUHAHAHA.Hey guys you gota have a FP gauge both in the car and out! if that doesnt peg itself when that dry shot kicks in shut her down! ive seen what happens when you dont! youve been warned!.God speed.Not talkin to the guys that know what there doin just the ones that dont.
JP85gt is offline   Reply With Quote