MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-27-2003, 03:49 PM   #21
crazypete
Registered Member

Actually, I just talked to transgo and the gentleman iterated that the "c" stamped servo is for v-6 cars and that I should switch it with the beat up AOD's (probably) "b" servo.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:22 PM   #22
rwhite65
Ride Hard

he was right, u need the B for a v-8 powered car....atleast that is what they say. I think an A came in the AOD's that were in the Super Coupe thunderbirds. You may be able to get one of those fairly reasonable if you are worried about the lasting power of your OD.
I have an A+ in mine, but it was around 100.00 I think.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:08 AM   #23
crazypete
Registered Member

So I went el-cheapo and stuck with the "B" since this project is waaaay over budget already. Here's my question. The b piston slides right down into it's receptacle and bottoms. The cup for the servo (piston face), on the other hand, feels like it engages the piston and bottoms but is nowhere near the locking ring groove. I then took a deep breath, got a piece of wood and "coerced" it down with a few hammer blows.

Is this right?
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
Old 10-30-2003, 06:19 PM   #24
crazypete
Registered Member

Sorry to post this thing to death but I guess I'm totally paranoid about this. I pulled the OD servo back out and rolled the disc portion of it in some 220 for 10 turns or so and replaced the seals, relubed and it seemed to drop back in place easier. It still took a few solid hammer blows to get it to pop down so the locking ring groove was visible. Same problem. I can move the low/reverse piston down with 1 thumb about 2.1 mm (I used a feeler guage). The OD piston moves down maaaaaaaybe .1 mm (I managed to get the .127 feeler just about in there. It says .005/.127mm) with me pushing both thumbs and veins bulging out of my head. I can, however, rotate the piston face with some grips without a terrible amount of resistence.

This just cant be right! How is it supposed to compress the OD band with .127mm of motion!

Sorry for all the questions, guys. This is the first time I've ever seen an AOD up close, much less the inside of one.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:59 PM   #25
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crazypete
So I went el-cheapo and stuck with the "B" since this project is waaaay over budget already. Here's my question. The b piston slides right down into it's receptacle and bottoms. The cup for the servo (piston face), on the other hand, feels like it engages the piston and bottoms but is nowhere near the locking ring groove. I then took a deep breath, got a piece of wood and "coerced" it down with a few hammer blows.

Is this right?
yes thats right. you have to push down really hard to get the ring in. i remember doing that on mine. OH what a *****!
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:35 PM   #26
crazypete
Registered Member

The injustice of it all!!!!

I'm patting myself on the back for resourcefulness. There's nothing a determined hungarian, about 5 pieces of wood, 2 crowbars and about 5 scissors jacks cant do!! I had it it there!! I was "walking" the jacks forward a millimeter at a time and I was about to pull the AOD into the block when "clunk".

THE BLOCK PEG!!!!

Arg!!!!

noooo!

=) ok. So the transmission and the block peg are in the same location so I need to remove one completely to give the other one a place to slide in. Man, only with my luck. What is the accepted method of removing block pegs (preferably from bellhousings)?
Old 11-02-2003, 09:38 PM   #27
crazypete
Registered Member

oops, nevermind! It gave up totally without a fight. a few solid blows with a hammer and pop it came out. Now I gotta pull that #@$ back onto the jacks and start over again.