MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
surfsup
Registered Member

Smile surfsup and running

well it's running couple cranks and it started and i must say it sound sweet thanks guys for all your help with the wiring
just one more question anyone know where to run the wire for the electric choke i know it shouldn't run to a hot with the key on and my books shows it running from the alternator but I'm useing the 2,3 alternator that has the built in regulator.
Was a 92 LX 2.3 F.I. auto It's now a 92 LX 302 carb 5 spd
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
302stang
Registered Member

Default Re: surfsup and running

my 4 cylinder will woop you ass
302stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:17 PM   #3
surfsup
Registered Member

are you sure about that????
Old 12-14-2004, 02:28 PM   #4
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Not supposed to hook the electric choke to an "ignition" wire, because if you're sitting anywhere with the accesory on, you're choke will be warming up while the engine is cooling off. This makes for a crappy running car when you restart it. Just run the wire to the alternator output. This way, the choke only gets juice when the engine is running, ie. the alternator is charging.

What'd you end up doing with your electrical stuff? Gauges work and all that?

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:35 PM   #5
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Congratulations! I just read this post after sending you a pm a few minutes ago.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #6
surfsup
Registered Member

The car runs nice the only thing is the carb I don’t know to much about them but it runs real rich and a little ruff and bogs when you hit the gas the timing is set right 12 btc got two other carbs with the car I put one on the car ran smoth and great for about two minutes and then all of a sudden the thing started revving real high on its own so what I think I might do is get a rebuilding kit and try my hand at that,, the choke wire I took a chance on the white wire on my alternator and it seems to work, for the oil and temp I used part of the harness from the four cyl and plugged that into the four cylinder harness at the fire wall and that seem to do ok the only thing is I can’t find the tac wire, the four cyl had two coils no distr. And my book doesn’t show me a color wire or any wire for a tac. The plug I was talking about is the female end that plugs into the module this plug had two red wires and one white one red wire went to the starter relay and the other red went to the plug to the fire wall I just reversed what you told me and that worked out ok now the big question why did your brothers car run for only three months or shouldn’t I ask???
Old 12-15-2004, 07:32 PM   #7
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

My brother's car ran for three months that way and then he bought the msd. But not because there was anything wrong, he just wanted to upgrade.

What kind of carburetor are you using? It may just need some adjustment.

As for the tach, I wouldn't even bother trying to hook it up. Unless you get a v8 tach it will read wrong anyway. Just save your money and get an aftermarket one. Then hook the signal wire (green on autometer tachs) to the negative coil.