MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-15-2003, 09:58 AM   #1
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

Default T-5 3/4 Blocker ring install ???

I was pulling out the top cover from an extra T-5 I have. My current Z spec unit is having trouble getting into first, so I figure grab the whole top forks and all.

I never used this trans cus it would not shift into reverse, even went for a spin, drove fine, would not go into reverse.

While I had the cover off, was reading the manual and peeking inside. I found a spring hanging, was the reverse restrictor spring. The manual was very vauge about this, I poked at it, loosened the threaded in pin next to the reverse/5 lever. Got the spring end on the pin, torqued it down. Tug on lever, clunk into reverse

I had pulled out the input shaft messing around a while ago, now I want to put it back together since it will work now, and in case there is gear damage to my Z spec trans.

There is a part that goes between the input shaft and output shaft, appears to be the 3/4 blocker ring. this is supposed to fit inside where there are 3 metal tangs, and a spring clip. Trouble is the blocker wont slip in there with the spring in place. Manual says, put 3/4 blocker in output shaft, no mention of any trouble.

Any tips or better explanations here, is the spring supposed to go deep inside the crevice, or ride outside the blocker ring. I was using the manual from the ttcc site and this one http://ga.stang.tripod.com/gastang/id12.html

At least I finally got the guts up to break this thing apart, now I am not so mystified by the inner workings anymore

93 P-71 Vic interceptor Backup car now

90 5.0 LX Notch SOLD

74 Chevy Laguna type S-3 454 under construction
Currently apart undergoing bodywork.
Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote