MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
88workcar
Registered Member

Talking How much NOS?

For once in my life I am sitten kinda good. The 342 is close to being done. The stock motor, I think that I am gonna deliberatly kill it. I just did a killer port job on a set of E7s. I have a TFS stage 1 cam, and a ported cobra. I have decided to throw that together and spray the crap out it. I have the means to start with a 175 shot. How much can I put on it and it live for a little while? I dont think a catostropic blow up will take out the intake, That is the only piece that I would not want to loose.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
Simi Stang

Default Re: How much NOS?

I've been running a 150 dry shot for several years now. I've only ran about 3 or 4 bottles through the motor though. As long as you have enough fuel...I think you could start with a 175 shot...see how it goes. If everything holds together go up to a 200. Are you going to be running a dry shot? I have some 175 jets on hand incase I every feel like getting crazy and shootin for the 10s on a track close to sea level. I'm pretty sure, when I bought the 175 jets...that the guy at the speed shop told me that was as big of jets as I could by for the system I have...a NOS 5115. I would think if you really wanted to though...that you could get your hands on some bigger jets. Let us know what happens. I'm sure you'll be in the 10s!