MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-30-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
92Rustang
Registered Member

Default Fuel pressure and MAS voltage for #24

I'm running 24 lbs injectors and was wondering were you guys have have your fuel pressure?

Also the MAS is cal. for the inj. and I'm using a optimizer. Does any have any idea of what the voltage should be. I heard .74, but the car is running rich. The A/F gauges reads stoich at idle and when driving it does not seem to read.

I had the optimizer set at .96 and the car seem to run OK and A/F I think was right. It bounced all over driving around and one notch in the green at WOT. Is this right or I'm I reading this gauge wrong?
No times yet. 13.6 before heads,cam,inj,rr
www.fordmustanggt.com
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:23 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I am currently running 24lb injectors in my ride... I have my fuel pressure set to 40psi. I find that it runs the best at that pressure. I have ran it as low as 30 and as high as 45. If you have a fuel pressure gauge, look at it when you rev it up... where ever it reads at, set your idle to that number.... (that's what I did to get an idea of where it needs to be) Then I got her dynoed and made the propper adjustments from there.

I can't help you out on your MAF... I have a Pro-M and I just plugged it in, and ran No clue about the voltage.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
gtsr515
Registered Member

Hey there, your right on target, no problems at all, .74 is a bit rich, as it should be, that is the way the computer comes from the factory. the reason the gauge is all over the place when your driving is it is the voltage supplied to the computer constantly striving to achieve the perfect stoichometric rate of 14.7:1, when you floor the pedal it will "lock" onto your wide open throttle, or a set bar on your meter, or whatever it is your using, voltage, which the computer interprets from there, i just used a digital voltmeter to my 02 sensors, same thing.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
92Rustang
Registered Member

I was saying that the lights do not come on know. It is like it is off the scale. Before they bounced and I could see the adjustment ,know I see nothing until it is idle for a minute. then it is stoich, but smells rich.

So what should I adjust my MAS voltage to with 24 inj. Thanks for the help.
No times yet. 13.6 before heads,cam,inj,rr
www.fordmustanggt.com
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote