MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-24-2003, 11:59 PM   #1
zlliksddam
Registered Member

Thumbs down so. . . my headlights dont work HELP!!!

Ok so up til now my 89 gt would require a little tap of the high lamp stick to get my headlights to turn on; on my way home from work the other night they went out, and would not turn back on, i tried messing with everything.

Anyone have this problem before? What do i do, is it a switch (my guess) i'm pretty sure all my fuses are ok, i have to check them in the morning, but that's doubtful cuz everything else works fine.

THanks!
zlliksddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
White GT
Registered Member

Look like the same problem a lot of 87-93 GT owner have already had.

The fuses is the first thing to take a look but it's rarely this.

Other problem can be about the fog light. The factory wiring gauge is not enough big then it start to give you problem with the headlight. Mine start blinking and i fixed it before it completly shut.

Here's the solve

Fog light fixing on Mustangworks.com

When you'll remove the switch, take a look on the connector if it look like heated. If so, here's probalby your problem.

Hope this help

My GT

My Web Page

On Car domain
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

i have the same problem, use the fogs and after a while the headlights will flicker and shut off. sometimes when turning on the headlights or high beams they dont work, playing with the blinker/high beam stick helps. been meaning to try the fix that WHITE GT posted.

i also have a problem with my instrument cluster lights. they dont work, if i replace the 5 amp fuse it will blow instantly or last for a few minutes then blow. is this problem related?
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #4
White GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GhettoPop

i also have a problem with my instrument cluster lights. they dont work, if i replace the 5 amp fuse it will blow instantly or last for a few minutes then blow. is this problem related?
Got the same problem. I'm playing with the dimmer control and the headlight switch and it turn on. It's just messing when i start the car the first time and not often. So!

I've never changed the connector but i think i'll do it. Theres a ton of LX 2.3 at salvage yard this couldn't be too tough to get one. The metal attach may be good but i think that the overheated plastic connector make them short circuit.

My GT

My Web Page

On Car domain
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote