MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #1
pedley
Registered Member

Default fuel pressure ?

ok i would like to but a fuel presure gauge in my car so that i know what it is at all times
does anyone know of how to do this like what i need and what kind of gauge and hose to use
EVERYTHING I NEED

thanks
pedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:35 PM   #2
stang_racer20
Registered Member

do you want a mechanical or electrical, cause they are completely different to hook up. if its mechanical, you'll need to order a seperate stainless pressure line for the gauge(unless you get an isolator, you mechanical gauge must be mounted outside your car). if electrical, everything is included for hookup except for your fuse and some extra sender wire.
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
pedley
Registered Member

Default electrical

sorry about that i forgot to mention what i wanted.

i would like to go with the electrical so i dont have to mount i out side on my hood i want it so i can see it inside

i have know idea wear to start or what to get to do it thought i just neeed sum tips and ideas and whatever people think
and the electrical seems to sound easier to hook up(but if not i dont care i like chalenges)
Old 10-23-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
stang_racer20
Registered Member

do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? if not i recommend one. cause not only can you adjust your pressure, but the sending unit for the electrical fp gauge from autometer will thread right into the gauge port on the fp regulator. bbk, which i have, makes a bolt in replacement for the 86-93 5.0L. once the sending unit is in place and tight, send the wires for the gauge through the firewall to hook up. once you get the pieces just repost and well help you then, cause as of now i dont know what set up you plan on. summit carries all kinds of electrical fp gauges and that adjustable regulator i told you about.

#BBK-1706 is the FP Regulator, the gauge is up to you cause their are many different styles and colors as well as size.
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #5
pedley
Registered Member

Default pressure gauge

ok do i need to have an adjustable regulator cuz if i dont need to get one i kinda dont want to.

but if it will help me then then maybe but i still would like to do it with out having to get an adj. reg.

thanks
sorry to be a pian
Old 10-26-2003, 03:55 AM   #6
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Well you dont need one, but i always say that if your gonna get a fuel pressure gauge, why not be able to adjust it! If you dont you'll have to get some kind of special adapter to fit on your shroeder valve, other wise there is no place to tap the fuel line other than that!
Old 10-26-2003, 06:15 PM   #7
pedley
Registered Member

Default adj.??

what abouts do they cost ?
cuz i have no idea what they cost and beings from canada they are kinda hard to find and price
Old 10-26-2003, 06:23 PM   #8
the69dr
Registered Member

I see new BBK regulator's at the Checker's here in Hawaii for 99.99 but used on e-bay under 60.00, electric guages new push 175-200 really haven't seen any used electric ones.

Adam
the69dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 06:34 PM   #9
GhOsT6_9
Registered Member

You're lookin in the ball park of $150-$200+ CDN for an adjustable reg., depending on where you get your parts from.

Definitely get an adj. reg. if you're gettin the gauge. I presently have just the gauge and it works for tellin me what the pres. is but I can't adjust it for any tuning. So a reg is in my very near future.
5.0L, T-5, 1969 351W heads, cut & welded stock plenum, F-303 cam, Mac 1 5/8 full length headers, Cat'd H-pipe, 3.73 gears, Underdrives, SSM lift bars, E-Fan, 3G Alt, Custom Chip, Autometer gauges, Weld Draglite wheels , M/T ET Street Radials

Best 1/4: 13.33@101.53MPH
GhOsT6_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:08 PM   #10
stang_racer20
Registered Member

the adjustable reg. (bbk #1706) - like i said, sells for $100 from summit. its a bolt in replacement for 86-93 5.0's. the electric gauge will cost between 175 and 200 dollars, sych as the attached example (i have this one).
Attached Images
File Type: bmp gauge.bmp (468.8 KB, 6 views)