MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-19-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Default my mechanic needs 2 quick questions answered

1) He was driving my car and noticed it was pinging or detonating. he was going to check the timing for me. what do i want my timing to be at based on my mods below?

2)Also, I read a post on here a while back about people with Holley systemax kits like i have. It talked about adding something to the pcv valve or a tube out of it so that it doesnt blow oil out from there or something. I emailed him a link about how to do it (and he has an idea of what im talking about) but he lost the link. he wants to be sure he is thinking the same thing i am. i guess it is a simple thing that could possibly help out with these kits.

BONUS- ANy HP guesses b4 i take it to the dyno??

thanks for your help.
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
lx mike
Undescribable

Timing try around 14. it doesn't take long to change if you can do any tuning when on the dyno or is it just to see what your making??

as for the pcv mod: go back to the post you made about what your car will run and it's in that link i put in there.

H.P Guess: 300-320 rwhp.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

thanks mike, i found the link, brought back memories of that 93gtdin guy who didnt believe i ran a 14.2 in my convertible!
i was going to have my mechanic set the timing before the dyno run, which will hopefuly be next month some time. So 14 degrees should do fine? I'll let him know. Thanks

PS, that PCV change is common, drilling a hole in the TB is OK? I'm sure my mechanic will know, but i wanted to make sure of it before i have him drilling holes in there. thanks again
Jim
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

Old 05-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #4
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

anyone??

75 shot of nitrous!