MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #1
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

Smile Timing issues

Ok finnaly i got my head gaskets put back on and the car now is put back together! I have been trying to set the timing a couple of days and i am just playing around with the distributer and dont know really what to do becuse the distributor could be off a gear or so and i dont know how really to get this correct, should i take it to get it done or does anyone have anyother ideas? thanks!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Need a timing light...Pull out the spout connector. Put a white mark on the desired timing mark. Connect the timing light to the number 1 plug wire. Start the car. Point the light at the balancer and pull trigger. Should flash every time you hit the timing mark...Stock stangs usually like 12-16BTC...

1995 Chevy S-10
406 SBC, Dual tunnel ram, Dart heads, Nitrous, full tub, 4-link, adjustable drag shocks, coil-overs, 9in rearend, 4.56 gears...etc
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:59 AM   #3
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

Question

Where is the spout plug connector? does anyone have a picture or any info? Thanks
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:02 AM   #4
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Its a little electrical plug right next to the distributor. The plug is about 3/4" by 1/2"...Just pull out the plug, set timing, put plug back in...

Derek

1995 Chevy S-10
406 SBC, Dual tunnel ram, Dart heads, Nitrous, full tub, 4-link, adjustable drag shocks, coil-overs, 9in rearend, 4.56 gears...etc
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I took me forever to realise what everyone was talking about when it came to the SPOUT... it's not attached to the distributor it's a little tail that comes off the wring harness on the way to the distributor... I could never find mine cause I never had one... I found out mine must have fallen out at some point. but it looks like a FUEL INJECTOR plug with a little plastic block stuck in it. That plastic block basicaly just completes a circuit and allows teh computer to controll timing.. otherwise the timing will just stay at whatever you set it at
-as
Old 05-21-2003, 12:17 PM   #6
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

HAH yea that is funny, i thought that the guy before me just took out some computer thing and plugged it up like the other things that he took out. HA i can rebuild a motor completly but i dont know where the spout plug is, i feel stupid! thanks guys