MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-26-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
fongo
Registered Member

Unhappy ..BBK clutch quadrant replacement...HELP!

Hi everyone! I'm about to replace the plastic stock quadrant and cable and to my dismay I found it very difficult to remove the piece, especially working with very little clearance between firewall and dash compartment.
Also, the instructions from BBK (my opinion) suck. Could anybody guide me to a website or an easier approach/recommendations to changing these parts? I mean, is it really that difficult to remove the piece,..or am I missing something here. Need help! otherwise, I'm going down the block and spend silly money on some guy Joey the mechanic who thinks he knows how to fix cars!!
Thanks!
fongo
1993 GT, MAC Fenderwell Cold Air Induction; Accel dist.,Splitfire plugs, BBK: 1 5/8 unequal length shorties, hi flow H-pipe w/ cats; Flowmasters 2 chamber American Thunder catback system, Motorsports 3-core radiator, 180º thermostat, BBK adj. clutch quad...the rest is bone stock!..but more mods to come!!
fongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Yeah, it's just a little tight to get under the dash to mess with that crap. You could tear the dash apart, or you could just lay on your back for an hour and make your veins swell. Along with getting bloody nuckles. I wouldn't pay for someone else to do it, but that's just me. You can do it, it will just take some time and a punching bag to take out your frustration. Good luck.

1984 LX Hatch
306 w/ TRW forged flat toppers, Comp Cams Magnum 292H, GT40P heads w/ 3 angle valve job, .550 lift springs, Angus Racing Roller Rockers, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 4150 650cfm carb, MAC 1 5/8 Long Tubes, Single Chamber Flowmasters, 91' T5 w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, Turbo Coupe 8.8 Rear w/ 3.55 gears, QA1 Motorsports tubular K member, no interior except steering wheel and seat.
Coming soon: 6 or 8 point cage, Fuel Cell, Weld Draglites
QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

It took me 20 minutes to change out my quadrant and clutch cable.

I took the front seat out. I used a long pair of needle nose pliers to pull the pins out.

It was very easy,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
fongo
Registered Member

Thanks fellas! I'll try it this weekend!
Happy and safe Racing!
fongo
1993 GT, MAC Fenderwell Cold Air Induction; Accel dist.,Splitfire plugs, BBK: 1 5/8 unequal length shorties, hi flow H-pipe w/ cats; Flowmasters 2 chamber American Thunder catback system, Motorsports 3-core radiator, 180º thermostat, BBK adj. clutch quad...the rest is bone stock!..but more mods to come!!
fongo is offline   Reply With Quote