MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default 5 Lug Conversion Questions

Alright, just got some quick questions. When I bought the car it was converted to 5 lug in the front and back. The back was also converted to disc brakes, utilizing '97 Mustang calipers and such. Unfortunatly the emergency brake is not hooked up. Anyone know how much something like that is going to take to do?

Also I was wondering, the stock front calipers were used, and calipers from a '97 on the rear. The car is also using the stock brake booster and stock master cylinder. If I changed over to a newer booster and master would I get a better pedal feel? I also noticed that the '93 Cobra booster and master would be approriate as well. I will be looking to also upgrade the front calipers this winter and I was wondering what is suitable that I can fit on the front? The car is using 17" wheels, so I have a little more clearance.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #2
1989GT
Registered Member

To hook up the e-brake all you should need is the cables. Here is a really good website it'll give you the part # for the cables as well as your options to upgrade the front.
http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/mustang/5lug.html
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:32 PM   #3
bmxmon
Registered Member

He will also need the e-brake caliper thing and any mounts it needs, if it needs them. (They run off a different brake than the regular brake, right??)
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
chatcher
Registered Member

i didnt think any 96+ gt wheel would work with the licoln /svo rotors up front are you sure they are the stock calipers do your front rotors have the wheel studs in them if so are there spacers betweeen the wheel and rotor also are you sure its the stock master cylinder if so i would change that to the 95+mc with an adjustable proportioning valve your booster should be fine but ive seen others change it i kinda like the stiffer pedal feel please let me know about the front though because i know some one with a set of those wheels i could scarff up cheap and i already have the drum conv sitting in the garage so if all i needed was rotors to get those wheels on my vert well lets just say anybody need a set of pony wheels with brand new goodyears oh and just in case that last reply confused you your rear calipers have tne e-brake spring on the bottom of them all you need is three cables from fms icant remember the part #'s but you should be able to find them in the earlier link if you have any other ?'s let me know been down that road before
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41.jpg (61.8 KB, 20 views)